2017 not launching

Rolling back drivers did not work. Reinstalled the latest update. Now completely out of ideas.

Good morning! You mentioned that Checkup is showing the Intel card, are you able to start SketchUp? If you have your settings for the NVIDEA correct (and it has enough to run SketchUp), you should be able to run SketchUp even if Checkup is still giving you that error.

Hi
I’ve set NVIDIA according to protocol published Resolving NVIDIA error message:

Error Message: “Your hardware configuration does not meet minimum specifications needed to run the application. The application must close. Error code: 6” To resolve this issue, please try the following steps:
Right-click on the Desktop and click Nvidia Control Panel.
Click Manage 3D settings.
Click Program Settings.
Select SketchUp from the drop-down list.
There are five settings that you need to configure:

Anisotropic Filtering set to Application Controlled.
Antialiasing FxAA set to On.
Antialiasing Gamma set to On.
Antialiasing Mode set to Application Controlled.
Open GL set to the name of the video card that you have.

Still doesn’t work. I couldn’t perform the last action, Open GL set…, because I didn’t find it in my Nvidia control panel.‘’

Sketchup Check up now gives me the following error message:
Error: Your “GeForce GTX 960M/PCIe/SSE2” graphics card has 1 MB of graphics card memory. SketchUp requires a graphics card that has 256 MB or more of memory.
Success: System RAM requirement has been met!
Success: Operating system version requirement has been met!
Success: Graphics card OpenGL requirement has been met!
Success: Graphics card Hardware Acceleration requirement has been met!

/Christoffer

Are you able to start SketchUp? Can you show me what happens when you start SketchUp? Or LayOut?

Please include a screenshot of the error message you’re seeing in your reply to this email and we can troubleshoot the issue further.

Mac - http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Mac-OS-X
Win - The Easiest Way to Take a Screenshot in Windows | wikiHow

There is a known issue where Checkup shows the wrong value for the graphics card RAM (it is actually the msinfo file reporting the wrong value and we just read that file). When that happens, Checkup shows an error, but SketchUp should still be able to start.

Sketchup starts in the sense that the welcome window where you choose template and so forth comes up , but when I press Start using sketchup-button it immediately shuts down and generates a bugsplat report.

Graphic drivers are the vehicle that supplies OpenGL functionality to the computer.

Setting up the video card for OpenGL means choosing the NVIDIA card for SU instead of the integrated Intel chipset - which uses a different driver.

Doesn’t help if I set it to Nvidia by default

/Christoffer

Your Nvidia SketchUp application settings are just as they should be. “The OpenGL Rendering GPU” setting you found in some instructions refers to the driver settings for the Quadro series of graphics cards.

What version is your Nvidia driver? To me it seems that usually everything works as it should for months or even years and then Microsoft introduces some Windows update that forces you to upgrade your driver.

Anssi

Install any SU plugins/extensions?

There could be another installed app that’s causing the splat - last month I helped someone with a very good NVIDIA find a problematic startup program. If any third-party, SU extension also is ruled out, try opening SU17 in clean boot mode. Clean boot mode only installs required background programs and services to help troubleshoot problems like this. Setting it up is relatively easy, using a utility that comes with Windows.

Driver version 376.39

Cannot be- the newest is 376.33. However, it seems to me that probably an old driver is not the reason.

Anssi

I’ve installed Make 2017. I’ve configured it with the toolbars I want. No problems. I try to open a file I’ve been working on in the previous version and it crashes.

How do I go back to the previous version that works?

Hello, my Skecthup didn’t launch after installing, I upgraded the graphics card controller (Intel(R) Graphics HD 4600) on my computer et voila! it works now!!

Thank you Sketchup!!

By the way, it wouldn’t be a bad idea Sketchup checks for system requirements at installation time, so people can have an idea of what are the issues they have to face.

@LaloF, SU now comes with a program called Checkup to check systems for issues. It’s a separate download.

As I try my skp files I created on previous version of SU, it appears some of the files will open but others won’t open.

Not sure what is going on, but it seems the obvious option is to go back to SU 2016. Anyone know how to do that?

What happens when you try to open those older models?

Do you mean you uninstalled SU2016 before installing SU2017?

Given that a lot of people are finding their hardware or graphics drivers aren’t up to running SU 2017, and may well have mistakenly thought they had to uninstall older versions first, would Trimble consider offering their older 2016 Make version on the ‘official’ download site? I know there are a few other (legitimate) sites one can get it from, but shouldn’t it be easier to find them at source?

1 Like

I’m having startup problems as well. SU 2016 has been working fine for me, but installing SU 2017, I’m now at a dead end. I immediately get a Windows 0xc0000022 error saying cannot start the application. There is virtually no delay between starting the program and receiving the error.

I have tried the following:

• ensured that my NVIDIA card is set up properly (GeForce GTX 770M in case it matters)
  • confirmed that other programs are working properly and can install fine
  • ensured that Windows 10 is more or less up to date, which it seems to be.
  • disabled virus protection
  • tried running the Checkup program, which gives the exact same error.
  • installed SU / Checkup as administrator, run as administrator, run from the graphics card directly… etc.
  • I have even uninstalled SU2016 thinking perhaps there was an incompatibility. Until I uninstalled it, 2016 was running fine.

Any help is appreciated. Again, I’m on a Win 10 64-bit laptop with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M, 16GB RAM.

Open Nvidia control panel > 3D settings > choose the menu to customize the card per program > choose SU. Choose to have the Nvidia card used instead of the integrated Intel graphics chipset.

BTY, you only need to install the program by r-clicking on installer and choosing Run as administrator. No need to be logged in as administrator.

Did you Google the error code?

I absolutely did ensure the 3D settings are right, and also ensured that my drivers are up to date. I’ve also totally updated Win10, just in case that was causing an issue.

I have run sfc / scannow to check if there were any windows dll problems that I could find, but none turn up.
I’m now using Process Monitor to see if I can see anything, but that’s not turning up anything I can see yet.

Google has pages and pages about the 0xc0000022 error, but they are from a myriad of reasons. The reason I’m on this forum is that the only applications that seem to be affected are SU2017 and SU CheckUp. They both give the same error.