16 to 17+ graphics card help

First time caller, etc. So I have been ecstatic about using Skup for years but frankly have used it only in design and a lightweight setting for designing my line of furniture. Here’s the prob… I’ve been using 16 for a couple years and knew the upgrade to 17+ was coming, Now I have the graphics card error and need to upgrade. I am not PC fluent but dangerous enough, and built this from a gaming kit and has worked brilliantly. I elected not to get the graphics card (AMD FX™-6300 six-core, running windows 8, with 64-bit oper. system and x64-based processor). Skup is the only reason for me getting a graphics card and I want to get the right one. Any recommendations?

The general recommendation seems to be an nVidia card from the 1050-1080 range with at least 2GB graphics memory.

They seem to have the most complete and stable OpenGL drivers.

For more specific advice, others may have better information than I do - that’s just my impression from other posts on this forum asking a similar question.

Your problem is about the OPEN GL 3.0, the version 2017 needed a big graphics card.

a GTX1050Ti/1060 should suffice, probably nothing recent below 2 gb in the market.

I met the same problem with Blender, at least 2GB graphics memory.
I know it’s out topic, but I continue to work with Sketchup Make 2016 because of OPEN GL 3.0 GRR

Really appreciate it! Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.