OS-specific instructions messed up

Problematic URL: https://help.sketchup.com/en/article/3000229

Description of the Issue:
The page initially loads for Windows and SketchUp 2018.
There seem to be two issues:

• Something is wrong with the markup that separates OS-specific instructions. The OS switcher does not change what is displayed. Always both sections (“Windows” and “OS X”) are shown. For 2018 the section heading “OS X” is hidden, which mixes the instructions for both systems.

• Version-specific instructions are missing for 2018, but there is no fallback to show correct and complete instructions for another version. This can be seen since next to “Windows -”, the full path is missing (like “C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017” and “/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017”). Also find the ellipsis in “You will have to create the folder.”

So to summarize:

• some small markup fixes needed in this article to make OS-specific instructions display correctly.
  • we need a fallback mechanism if version-specific instructions are not available. This probably affects many more help articles.

I can’t find it now but some days/weeks ago (my perception of time isn’t the best) I discussed platform specific help center content somewhere on the forum. Maybe this could be related, e.g. as being a side effect of something that was changed based on that other discussion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.