I had an issue with my model disappearing in zoom extents (I could still see it, but barely). I read up on it and believe I solved it, but wanted to see how to prevent this from happening in the future. I followed several of the procedures noted in earlier posts, such as selecting and deleting text, selecting all and searching for far flung components, purging of course, and finally copying the immediate model and pasting it in a new file. This last method did the trick but it took a few tries for it to work, which puzzled me. I saw the snippets some had posted to fix this supposedly known bug, but am not versed enough to utilize ruby console. I did attempt it one though, to correct camera position, again this is beyond my knowledge base, so not sure if it did anything.
I loaded a few components (kitchen fixtures), deleted some, but I didn’t notice anything with text. And as I learned earlier, I now always open up a component separately and then clean it up before loading into my model.
So, my question is, what are reasonable safeguards to prevent this from happening, as it was very frustrating to deal with, and took a while to solve it.