Windows 10 requests permission to change program

When I am running Sketchup pro on my Windows 10 computer, it is constantly (maybe every 5 minutes) asking me for permission to change my software. I think Windows is saying that the automatic saves are changes to the system that need my permission. The only way I see in Windows to prevent that is to turn off notifications for everything that tries to change my system.

Did you initially install SketchUp 2016 by selecting its installer-exe icon and right-click > context-menu > Run as Administrator ?
If you did not you will get flaky issues…

Can I suggest you close SketchUp, then use the bottom-left Win10 icon in the bottom-toolbar > right-click > Control Panel > Programs and Features > UNINSTALL SketchUp 2016.
When that’s done re-install it from its installer-exe by selecting its icon and right-click > context-menu > Run as Administrator…

Any previously installed Plugins/Extensions etc should be left alone and reappear in the reinstalled version…

Installing without doing this - can result in issues.
So do NOT double-click the installer-exe’s icon or pick ‘Run’ from the context-menu.
Just by being a user-with-admin-powers does NOT give you the same powers when installing…
So don’t do it that way - use the method described at the start…

2 Likes

I think that worked. It hasn’t asked for my permission for anything … yet. I will let you know if it keeps happening.
And by the way, THANKS!

Or… Disable UAC in Windows… esp if using the system as a personal PC…

I would not consider this. Danger… Danger… Danger… Tig’s advice is a problem specific solution!!!

1 Like

No, now I see that it is still doing it. Any more ideas? If I totally disable the warning for everything, then I won’t know when some really bad stuff rides in through email or a website and starts making changes.