Will I need any plugin to make this in Sketchup?

my graphic card is ATI Mobility Utility Radeon HD3650
my procesor: T9400 max 2,53GHz FSB1066MHz 6Mb L2

You must know that sometimes SketchUp has trouble working with Radeon cards. If you experience any trouble, let us know, so we can work it out.

And about the processor, to be honest Iā€™m not too familiar with T9400 but 2.53GHz is good. SketchUp uses only a single core, regardless of how many cores you have, so the higher your clockspeed the better it is.

1 Like

a high clock speed doesnā€™t help if the CPU is lame by designā€¦ as here.

6 GB isnā€™t great but near the lower boundary.

1 Like

Yes you will need plugins, but how many and which will depend on how much time you dedicate to learning how the software works.

1 Like

Hm, I see. I believe best choice would be some relatively new-generation iX processors then?

Well, yes, best would be to start with 8 at least but I have only 4 GB RAM and I somehow managed to stay on the surface for some years. Notice the past tense here, I said managedā€¦ No more, haha.

for a new system a high-clocked intel Core i5/7 of the 4th gen. (or higher) is the choice.

2 Likes

I was adviced, on other sketchup forum, these renderers , will they be good enough to make a real look of my product ?

Visualizer and Twillight Hobby

discontinued, cannot be installed with recent SU versionsā€¦ besides fiddling around (see SCF for a how-to).

1 Like

guys any one of you could create one of these copper bricks just for
me to see how it would look like ?

I would appreciateā€¦

add one of your vector drawings exported as dxfā€¦

john

1 Like

wise adviser.dxf (917.0 KB)

I have added vector as you asked.

I was recommended this

looks very good. but its from Blender