Why won't an image go on this surface?

I’ve designed a bottle and I am trying to stick a label on it from an image file, but it won’t go on. I think there may be something wrong with the surface that the label goes on. It looks like it has a diagonal ridge in it. Could this be the problem and how do I fix it?

Your little screen shot isn’t very useful for answering your question. Could you upload the SKP file so we can see exactly what you’ve got going on?

bottle.skp (353.6 KB)

Here’s the file.

I’m not having any problem applying an image. The embedded label image paints just fine…although it doesn’t fit the space.

Those kind of diagonal shadows are caused by a conflict between smoothed edges. In this case, because the arc at the top of the label breaks the two vertical edges. You can eliminate it by simply unsmoothing the perimeter of the label with Ctrl+Shift+Eraser. You can always hide it instead.

As Alan says - unsmooth the label’s edges.
The quick way is to double click the label face [white], this will select the face and its edges.
Next Select the face holding Ctrl+Shift to deselect it.
Now only the edges remain selected.
Use Entity Info and un-tick the soft/smooth check-boxes.
If desired you can also choose to enable ‘hide’ on them - so that in Hidden Geometry > Off setting you’ll then see only the faces/surfaces.
Then paint the white face with the image as desired…

Thanks for the tips AlanF and TIG. I’ve got it working now.