Why the material folder is empty?

Hey, guys,

I am using sketchup 2017 and the materials in sketchup work fine in the model but there are no materials files in the folder in my C drive. The problem shows when I use Vray for sketchup to render my model but if I tried to use sketchup material(in the Vray material setting), it shows "the file can not be found at the specific location".

I am wondering why the materials could show in the sketchup model and it works normal but actually there are no materials files in the SU folder??

Thanks!

Where are you looking for the materials files? Be more specific than your C drive.

I searched online and it says SU 2017 Pro should put materials in the following folder in the C Drive:
C:\Users\TJiang\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017\SketchUp\Materials
But there are nothing in it, I have no idea how the materials could be still used in SU model?

Thanks!

That folder would be for your custom materials. The materials included with SketchUp are in a different directory. They should not be in the User directory.

Thanks. Do you know where I could find the materials embedded in SU 2017?

Look in Program Data.

Could you give me more specific clue?

C:// Program Data/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017… It should be pretty clear when you look at the Program Data directory.

Thank you so much!! You are absolutely correct!! Appreciate!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.