Why is this circle not being divided?

Hi everybody.

I’d like to know why this circle is not being divided in arcs when I draw a couple of lines and how to fix it.

My .skp EjerBas12.skp (33.3 KB)

Thanks in advance.

Without looking, have you tried crossing the circle and snapping to the guideline beyond it?

1 Like

Interesting point, I’m going to try it, I bet it will work :wink:
I’ll keep you up to date.

Perfect :slight_smile:
But is there some explanation? isn’t it supposed it would work as I was doing?

Someone might give a good explanation, but I believe it is the norm to cross an arc/circle to break it.

It seems not to hapen on simple shapes (I mean when it’s not a circle inside another one and so).
whynot

Ah, but the difference there is your not snapping to an endpoint. Your snapping to an intersection of a section of the circle. So in that case, it will be broken!

1 Like

Makes sense :slight_smile:

An why it’s considered as an intersection in this case?
I’m a pain in the neck, sorry.

The guide crosses a segment (not at mid or end point) giving an intersection as a possible snap.

Look at the red x on your gif.

When you intersect the segment with your line the segments are broken.

Try it both ways again to end points and then intersections. It should be the same behaviour. (I hope😃)

1 Like

Thank you so much, I think I got your explanation, I really appreciate it.
I will test to see the differences as you have recommended.

1 Like

[quote=“Thorleyian, post:5, topic:50211”]
… , but I believe it is the norm to cross an arc/circle to break it.
[/quote]It shouldn’t make any difference. Snapping to any location on the (segmented) circle, whether endpoint, midpoint or inbetween should not only split the circular face but also the loop into different loops of arcs + edge(s).
I’m on a tablet so I can’t see @spawn’s model.

I appreciate your point Wo3Dan, I think it should work that way too, but I’m nobody. :slight_smile:

I just had a play and got intermittent results. Sometimes it breaks, other times not? This is going from both centre to outside and vice versa.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.