Why do my cabinets always turn out like this?

I’m having trouble loading in the cabinets. (I get them from the sketchup warehouse) I seem to be able to load in everything else except for the cabinet. I’ve tried different models and they all turn out the same. Help would be appreciated.

Can you share the SketchUp model file with us so we can see exactly what you’ve got?

How are you going about inserting them?

I’m downloading the cabinets as collada files. About how im inserting them, I just import.

Why are you downloading the Collada file? In SketchUp for Schools you can download the components as SketchUp files through the Components panel.

Could you tell me where the components panel is ? where can I find it?

It’s over on the right side of the screen.

1 Like

Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome.

FWIW, Collada files typically include a folder of materials but it seems not all of them do. If you absolutely have to use that file type and it does include the materials folder, extract the folder with the .dae file and put them in the same folder. When you import the .dae you should then get the faces with the materials. Still, since you can get the components directly in SketchUp for Schools, there’s really no point in going through the extra gymnastics anyway.

2 Likes