Why aren't all the edges i'm selecting being saved to the group?

I’m learning sketchup and working through tutorials. I’m having problems with groups though. I am selecting multiple edges, but when I group them, only some of the edges are saved to the group.
Can anyone tell me why that is? In the attached file I tried to group the internal and external perimeter walls, but they wouldn’t group together. I also tried grouping all the edges in relation to the door and they wouldn’t group either.
I have attached the file for reference.
Any help greatly appreciated - I just can’t work out what the problem is!

As a new user, you are limited for the first posts (probably 3) to add more than one image/file per post. You have only attached an image (pixel) that does not contain any useful information about the vector model or the groups you say you made (these are only in the skp file).

// edit

It is possible that for new members there is an additional limitation for files, other than images, and it is necessary to make several posts (maybe more than 3) to be able to attach such files.

I checked, and even after one post it looks like attachments should work.

@Zet worse case you could upload the file somewhere and give a link to the file. I usually use WeTransfer.com for doing that. If you do too, click on the three blue dots to change the settings from needing an email address, to getting a link to share.

1 Like

It is best practice to select ‘faces’, rather than ‘edges.
And in these situations, begin on the outside and work your way to the inside.
An edge can reside on itself, but a face needs edges and SketchUp creates them if the edges were taken away from the context while grouping, which probably happened.

So double click on a face to select the face and it’s bounding edges, group and repeat for the next.

To help achieve your goals, some time spent at the SketchUp Campus and at the SketchUp - YouTube channel will be very worthwhile. Both sites are from the SketchUp team. On the YouTube channel, pay attention to the Square One Series and Level UP series. They cover the basics for each tool.