Which is better for using V Ray- Windows or Mac?

and it is running on a mac so it will crash less often…

john

2 Likes

How does macOS limit you?

Similar as complicated to do things in Windows for you. :slight_smile:

Seriously: I just didn’t like it. I couldn’t get used to how it worked. But this is an endless debate …
so I stop here. :beers: :peace_symbol:

Macs have a certain cool factor, Apple has a way with packaging and design that is hard to beat, maybe that is why I carry around an iPhone.

However, when it comes to getting things done, my Windows 7 machine is a real workhorse. Would never consider going to a Mac for engineering, drafting or design or any serious work related to those fields.

Now if I was forced to upgrade to Windows 10 that might give me some pause…

Why not? Is it a lack of specific software available on the platform, or a limitation the OS itself?

1 Like

Mostly the lack of software, specifically engineering programs. Most of the real work in the world is done on Windows machines.

2 Likes

If there were no designs, Windows machines wouldn’t be necesary, too

2 Likes

Only if you consider all real work to be engineering I guess.

3 Likes

wow. this escalated quickly!

2 Likes

Coke all the way, it’s substantially more tasty.:wink:

I’ve always used Windows so I couldn’t really give a fair comparison. I think Windows is better for running older versions of unsupported software into the future from what I hear.

1 Like

:smiley:

I love these kind of threads. If you want to wind up people on a woodworking forum, ask what the best tablesaw is. Or pins first? Or tails?

Right? I knew this one was going to blow up. I hope the OP got something out of it. Specific to Sketchup there are differences to the UI, as well as graphics card differences. Both have pluses and minuses. I’ll refrain from stating my personal system, but Grizzly makes the best table saw and I drink Dr Pepper. :smile:

Shiraz will be pleased you think so.

I much prefer a banana over an apple any day.

2 Likes

Ha! I had to look him up, nice mustache! I actually use one, and a sawstop, which truly is awesome, no joke.

1 Like

You use a mustache?

2 Likes

Only when working on bull noses.

2 Likes

Ya sure 'bout that?:wink:

No, it’s just a joke about the vehemence of opinion, I don’t drink Dr. Pepper either.

But I have been known to rock a mustache.

2 Likes

I cannot argue that a decent Mac running SketchUp runs faster than a fine-tuned high end PC running SketchUp. But, I run faster on Mac.

2 Likes