When do SketchUp Accounts for the 3D Warehouse become Mandatory?

Hello!
I saw the September 5th announcement that soon you will need to login to download. When does this become a mandatory action, I believe right now you still don’t have to have an account/ login.

Thanks!

Hi Bitobritt,
Signing in to download will be required in the next few weeks. The purpose is to help personalize your search experience and to help us better understand what content is most relevant for a given search.

Creating a 3D Warehouse login is free and does not require that you have a SketchUp license. I hope this answers your question.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Peter,
When I sign in to my SketchUp session a safari browser opens up outside the application. When I finish login, it says “You’re signed in to all things SketchUp- you may close this tab
However, when I click on the 3D warehouse icon on the tool bar it opens 3D warehouse with what looks like a safari browser from within the SU application. If I then try to download anything it says I need to login. If I logged into all things SketchUp, why am I not already logged in to the 3D warehouse when accessed inside SketchUp ? Please help. Thanks.