Sketchup Pro 2018 and Free 3D Warehouse download problems requiring a login

Dear Users, We are using an Education license for Sketchup Pro 2018 in our computer labs (Win10-64Bit-v1903) at our University and students have reported back to me that this week the option to download Free 3D Warehouse models now require a login (see attached image).

Students and faculty have told me that a login has never been required until now. Can you please tell me if I should just recommend that each student create a free account or is there a glitch with the Sketchup/3D Warehouse software or an incompatibility with Windows OS updates? Thanks in advance for your help.
Tim

1 Like

It isn’t a glitch, it’s an intentional change. Having a sign in, which can be a Google ID if the user doesn’t have a Trimble ID, is now needed.

I have previously alerted the education team that there will be cases where students don’t have any kind of email address to use as a sign in. Hopefully that isn’t the case for you.

Or use the component panel, only.
(Click on the preview image)

Thank you very much for the information! I will share this with our faculty and students. Much appreciated.
Tim

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.