This is not a “bug report”, nor a “known issue”, seems it fits best here under “Technical problems”:
Most(?) of you know, when you made a geography a COMPONENT and later want to replace the entire geography (instead of changing parts of it), you simply right-click “Replace selected” when you hover over the to-be new component in the default tray component browser.
What do the gurus of you do however when:
- you have designed say a complex/multi-tier WALL segment (has 8 different “material” tiers)
- to replace the existing (quick draft) single-tier wall
- notably the existing wall starts and ends in countless places around the house, at different lengths, different angles, possibly even some of them already having a “test” material applied
- and say your new wall sample segment is 1000x500x181mm (LxWxThickness), as an example.
How would you go about replacing such (widely different) wall throughout the house with the new sample segment wall to end up all around the model?
- lengths of wall segments auto-adjusted
- angles/corner walls adjusted
- all “simply” replaced with the geography from your new sample segment of a WALL
Dynamic components isn’t it, I see. But is it doable somehow? Is there any other “concept” I fail to see? Or is this some “you are out of your mind to expect Sketchup to be able to do that!” thing?
Maybe I don’t see the wood for the trees (often) ?