What do you use for rendering?

That’s a recent change. I downloaded and installed it about a month ago on one of my new laptops.

That’s a bummer because it’s a pretty easy renderer to learn to use and really quite powerful.

Thea is even more powerful but it’s the commercial big brother to Kerkythea.

1 Like

I used to use Kerkythea, but it was really difficult to learn for me and it wasn’t compatible with my operating system upgrade. Then I downloaded Twilight Render V2. It’s a ton easier to learn. And I prefer using a rendering extension because then I only have to use one program instead of two.

What does it cost?
What kind of projects do you use it for? Architectural?

I use VRAY v3.6 by Chaos Group. Version 2 which was out for a long time had a weird interface and not very intuitive. The latest version fixed that and included some really great features such as: Infinite plane, Fur (for grass or carpets, etc), Clipper (which allows for section or masked out areas), materials library, proxy export and import, Interactive rendering (ie real time), etc, etc.

The main reasons I use it is A. Mac and PC compatible, B. it’s available with other modeling software (like Rhino, 3DS Max and Unreal Engine) if, heaven forbid, i ever switch from SketchUp, and C.It produces the highest quality result (which may be more work that I’m willing to put in to get that result but good to know that I can advance with the software over time).

Here’s a somewhat recent view using SU and VRAY with minimal edits in Photoshop:

6 Likes

I use it for all kinds of projects. You can Google the cost. It’s on Twilight Render’s website. I use the free hobby version. There’s a paid version with extra features too.

1 Like

Twinmotion 2016

How about “BRIGHTER 3D” for a Free/Inexpensive “Instant Architect” Low-End Rendering Engine?

Any Reviews on B3D?

Nino

I have Maxwell for SketchUp but I have been using SimLab Composer 9 for a while. At $200 USD is was a bargain to me.

I think there are recently introduced errors in the website programming. I see several warnings about PHP when I visit any of the Kerkythea pages.

I noticed that, too. Maybe errors related to the cookie warnings?

I speculate that someone updated the server’s PHP engine without adequate testing of their site’s code. The warnings I see are about deprecated function options and incorrect parameter types passed to functions. Do you know a way to contact them to point out the issue?

1 Like

I’ll see if I can figure out who and how to contact them,

I just tried Brighter 3D with SU 2018. It maxed out my i7 8700K processor and crashes SU at some point in its run. The model was four components, two walls, a floor and a cube.
EDIT:
I figured out the cause of the crash was in one of the plugins I had loaded.

Their website seems to be somewhat in a mess. This link worked 5 minutes ago.

I have been using Maxwell for the last 4-5 years now.

It looks different than it did earlier. I sent them an e-mail to let them know but haven’t had a response from them.

It is working now for me, too.

wow.
I really dont understand how to get results like…
this is the best ive gotten and its light years away from that!

Ill look into that ty!

I use Twilight Render Pro. I like how it’s easy to use and the fact that it can load external proxy models.

2 Likes