Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Who are you? Dan Sadaka, Datakey, Inc.
What is your industry and profession? Southware ERP Software dealers and web developers
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? Have not used yet
What is your favorite thing about it? Integration and customization capabilities
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? No.

A client of ours designs food trucks. They do custom layouts but start with a few predefined packages. They need “intelligent” layout capabilities. e.g. “How much space is required around a stove?” They also want both 2D and 3D rendering which includes very good images of the applicances used. The bill of materials (BOM) will be stored in their ERP Assemblies system. We’re not sure of the best way to use SketchUp. Should we…

1. Modify the BOM in the ERP and then export it to SketchUP?
  2. Do initial work in SketchUp (tweaking past jobs) and then export a BOM from it to the ERP System

Is anyone doing something similar? Perhaps for a different industry?
I’d be happy to discuss and possibly contract with one of you to get this project done.

Thanks,
Dan

1 Like

我是一名机械工程人员 我没有photo在个人电脑里
我是个人用sketchup 经常把机械设备导入sketchup场景中
我觉得我是初学者 我会用sketchup的命令

1 Like

I am Joe, I am an architect living and working in a small firm in Aizawl, Mizoram, North East India.
I am trying to install Sketchup 2018 trail version. I cant because “ThumbsUp.dll failed to register.” keeps happening. can you help please?

1 Like

Did you install as admin?

1 Like

yes sir, i did.

1 Like

to be clear. You right clicked on the install file and selected install as administrator?

1 Like

that’s correct

1 Like

You might search the posts for your specific error. I see several posts about it. Open a new thread in Sketchup technical problems

1 Like

ok thank you .

1 Like

Who are you? Mickael from France
What is your industry and profession? Cartography student & computer science engineer
Where do you use SketchUp? Professionally
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? For 3D mapping
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? Nope
What is your current set up? Windows 10, Sketchup 2018

1 Like

Hola…
Creo que lo hacen demasiado complicado.
Me las veo y deseo para buscar donde responder y aún así, no sé si lo he hecho bien ahora.
Todavía no sé donde esta el foro inicial, así que ni se me ocurre pensar que haya foros para idiomas específicos, como pueda ser el castellano, que es el que yo hablo.
Es una pena, porque con cosas com esta, a muchos nos uede echar para atrás el usar este genial programa.
Y les aconsejaría que aplicaran el_ “una imagen vale mas que mil palabras” :sunglasses:
¡Saludos!

491/5000
Hello…
I think they make it too complicated.
It is difficult for me to find where to respond and even then, I do not know if I have done well now.
I still do not know where the initial forum is, so I do not even think that there are forums for specific languages, such as Spanish, which is what I’m talking about.
It’s a shame, because with things like this, many of us can backtrack using this great program.
And I would advise you to apply the_ “a picture is worth a thousand words” :sunglasses:
Regards!

2 Likes

I am affiliated to Zhejiang Association for Science and Technology (ZAST). It is a non-government and non-profit organization in China that is part of the so-called AST system in China. ZAST is a provincial tier and I work out from its international department. I have been with the organization for over the last years, and always interested in public science education. Since 2013 I initiated the International science outreach program at the organization to try to learn different ways of doing science outreaches for enticing the public and university and school students as well. Recently, as I was developing a summer camp program which would use PLTW concept and design thinking in the process, I came across design tools such as Sketchup and TinkerCAD. I was immediately impressed by how easily someone can pick it up and use it to some extent. I really want to know more about and therefore, I started to find a way to learn. Despite its easiness, it is not used in public education at all in China. Maybe by architects. I thought it would be interesting for younger students to learn it and it will get them into using the tool early in the year so they can have it as part of the regular skills for their school work or for making purposes. Some of the colleagues think it is over the head for kids to learn. I just want to know more before I want to make a decision.
In the learning process I did find it not as easy as it seemed in the first place if one wished to work with specs and it is important that a good habit will decide the end result and experience in working with sketchup. So teaching has to be very careful with the balance of objectives.
I still think it can be learned by younger students with proper instruction and rooms for self-exploring.

2 Likes

Ik ben Anneke Tulp, 76 jaar, weduwe.
Vandaag (May 12, 2018 3:34 PM ga ik beginnen met SketchUp. Ik gebruik het alleen voor mijn plezier.
In het verleden heb ik wel ervaring opgedaan met 3D, maar dat is tamelijk lang geleden en het was een heel ander programma (Droomhuis).
Ik zou graag in het Nederlands willen corresponderen, hoewel ik het Engels wel kan lezen.

1 Like

Hi there! My name is Kevin Wilburn and I’m currently a senior in high school, eagerly waiting for graduation. After graduation, I will be attending Lawrence Technological University in their MA program and hope to open my own architecture firm soon after receiving my degree. I’ve been using SketchUp since the end of 8th Grade and while I’m no pro user, I’ve certainly improved since I started.

Here is a home I designed last month which follows ADA specifications.

www.kevin.wilburn.net

5 Likes

Hello I am Sean.
I am teacher but I doodle with SketchUp and other tools like Unity3D, Blender, etc.
I teach Game Design at Skillshare and World & computer Languages at other locations.
I use SketchUp personally.
I like SketchUp because is simple and easy to use in my opinion.
I love to see what other people have created.
I am total Beginner. I never been to SketchUp 3DBasecamp.
I have state of the art gaming computer that I build myself with almost 8 Tb and 64 Gigs of Ram with 3 monitors and real good sound system.
I haven’t publish anything at 3D Warehouse yet.
My game design classes have almost 600+ students
I don’t have a favorite Emoji. I prefer Gifs. Like this one
[Happy Kitty!]

1 Like

Very nice Kevin. It looks Great.

1 Like

Ik ken geen Nederlands, maar welkom op het forum in mijn beperkte Nederlands!

1 Like

Hi, I’m Sergio from Portugal, an Architect and use SketchUp personally & professionally.

Sketchup helps me put my thoughts & creative ideas into 3D, and what my favourite thing about it is that I can move from Sketch to presentation in (almost), one program. I would say that I’m an intermediate level.

Would love to go to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp … but I’m scared of Trump (lol) … getting undressed in front of customs (lol) … and would love it, if there was a basecamp near Portugal.
Hey, you should come to Lisbon; the web summit was a success !

I use both Laptop & Desktop Computers, two screens and wacom tablets with SketchUp 2018 on both computers.

I have one model on 3D Warehouse page… of a dynamic component door :smiley:

Some of my work can be seen on:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/3Dwgf/photos/?ref=page_internal

Thanks,
S.

1 Like

I started interior design in New York, but at this moment only decks, that’s wher I found very convenient using realtime landscaping. But somehow we need to go down to the village for plans on autocad, Architecture plans, I’m trying to do it on my own instead of going to someone and ask for it.

1 Like

Who are you? – I am a retired Electronic Engineer living in Texas. I have used AutoCAD for many years. Now I found SketchUp and am sold! I attended a class for SolidWorks and have a free Students copy but it takes much less time to do the same job in SketchUp (even though I have had no training, the Knowledge Center is great!).
What is your industry and profession? – I am a hobbyist. I like to build RC and Full Scale airplanes.
Where do you use SketchUp? – I use it to design RC model plane plans. Also 3D printed parts for Full scale and model planes.
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? – It is simple and easy to use (if you are designing simple parts). I use SolidWorks for complicated parts. The best part is how accurate the printout is (both on paper for plans and 3D printing).
How proficient are you in SketchUp? – Beginer
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? – No
What is your current set up? – I have an older Dell desktop and a newer Dell Laptop.
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? – No
Anything else you would like to tell us? My friend has an expensive handbag and an attachment broke. She couldn’t get the part, I drew it in SketchUp, 3D printed it and I was a hero! Another friend was trying to mount some switches and USB power ports on his full scale experimental aircraft. Using SketchUp I designed a mounting bracket and 3D printed it and every part fit perfectly even labeling for only a few dollars.

1 Like