Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Who are you? Hi I’m Matt,

What is your industry and profession? I’m and audio enthusiast both in car audio and home audio.

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? I use Sketchup personally, but I want to do something with it, maybe develop a career in my chosen filed, drawing Sketchup models for people to use. I studied Graphic design back in 90’ and I took a Fine Art degree in 2006. But I haven’t done anything with my art. I’ve develop a mild interest in suing Sketchup, on a very basic level designs car audio subwoofer enclosures and speaker enclosures (home audio). I’m finding the passion I once had for art, is now morphing into a passion for using Sketchup. It;s similar, but the tools are different that’s all!

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…) Impressing the babes has got to be up there :slight_smile:

As my income is extremely low (benefits due too very serious health issues) I’m trying to get as many ‘Free’ programs, plugins etc … to help develop my hobby/passion.

How proficient are you in SketchUp? I am still a beginner. I’m just realising that I gone as far as I can go, and now I need to use extensions to take my work to the next level.

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4_wTczMN7LY4Z-c0iwGMyw - I need more subscribers :slight_smile:

Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…) I have witnessed a UFO!

What is your favorite Emoji? Smiley face

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? I do actually! I’ve.spent most of my life in Cornwall, worked as a beach lifeguard in Newquay, so I love the beach.

I do love art, but i’m lazy with it. I’ve won awards and accolades for my work, but I’ve never really seriously given it a go. Most artist I know are broke. With Sketchup I feel I’m using my talent, just in a different way,.

My Name is David Lamoureux or SteelbyDave. I am an intermediate user, od 2018 Sketchup Pro, and love the ability to create. I work as an independent Welder/Fabricator here in New Westminster, BC, well sometimes.
In the process of starting Steel Fab business right now and is taking a long time :slight_smile:

Hi Matt

Hi,
My name is Nasi Racaca and work at the City of Rockingham’s Planning and Development department as a Drafting Officer.

I am an intermediate level proficient in the SketchUp and look forward to using it modelling tool. I will
incorporating data from our GIS platform so our Planners are able to make a more informative decision making. I look forward to any tips or advise in creating Urban Planning models.

-hello im tatenda aka “nyalaz”
-im an architecture student (second year @NUST)
-i mostly use it my academic projects
-haha besides the impressing babes part ,i like using it because i just fell in love with it since day1. its
easy to use and it doesnt limit me in design modelling and the coolest part is the xray veiw feature
-intermediate but hoping to be pro soon
-no ,but i hope to get there one day
-windows 8.1, sketchup PRO 2017
-nope i just store most of my models in my pc
-well, i will talk about the model i just uploaded. I am lover of travelling, art, adventures and mountain climbing, so my design concept was mountains (the chimanimani mountains). The idea was that people who come to my pavilion have to develop a feel of the mountain climbing experience both on the inside and outside. The model is one of my favourite, i made it during my first year and at that time i was at beginner’s level in my sketchup skills
-:sunglasses:
-:smile: haven’t been to one, but i guess its fun

HI, Im new to 3D modeling, I work on a mac OS and I’ve downloaded SketchUp Maker 2017 trial, and i love it. My goal is just to learn modeling for printing in the future. I am currently interested in organic shapes. I hope to be modeling and printing in a year or so. It will be a slow learning process for me as this is just my new hobby. And I am a slow learner, (granny pecking at keys, squinting to see the screen).hahahahaha

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hi! I’m John B aka jbee1
I am a Safety and Security Technician and a Master Electrician by trade
I also am a mentor for a local highschool robotics team, this is my 4th year of being involved
along with my son who is finishing his 2nd year of college in Computer Science.
We are a small robotics team with limited resources and material. I really want to learn how to use the Sketchup program so that I can be more involved with the building of the bot.
My hobby’s include restoring antique tractors, woodworking, building R/C airplanes, and building robots.
I think this tool will help me in all of these areas. I look forward to being a part of this forum and sharing some information.

Who are you?

What is your industry and profession? Retired Programmer
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally at home.
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? I have a Ultimaker 2+
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Intermediate
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? No, self taught
What is your current set up? Win 7 PC, Sketchup 2017
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? No
Anything else you would like to tell us? No
What is your favorite Emoji? No favorite, just whatever is appropriate
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? YES! I was raised in New Port Beach, Ca

could2 here and i have a question
while drawing, i did something, i don’t know what, but, my drawing went off screen. Don’t know how to get it back. help!, please.

I can see the grey area representing the sky above the horizon, but, cannot locate my drawing.

(Main Toolbar) Camera > Standard Views > (Cycle through the available views, any of them should re-focus the model).

But don’t reply here as it’s not a thread suited for asking questions, I would create a new thread if this does not solve the issue. Good luck.

ciao a tutti,
mi chiamo Mauro, compirò 65 anni a maggio, sono da poco in pensione.
non ho mai usato skectup ma mi affascina e vorrei imparare ad usarlo.

Hi,
My name is Kim and I currently teach design and architecture to high school students in Columbus, OH. I consider myself and intermediate user and am currently designing my own home using SketchUp. I teach/use Sketchup Pro 2017 in the classroom where my favorite project is constructing scale models of skyscrapers. Those of you providing accurate drawings in 3Dwarehouse, THANK YOU! We “unfold” them and create laser cut models from your originals.

I am not new to 3d-cad, but new to sketchup. I will try doing my dream house.