Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hi Matt

Hi,
My name is Nasi Racaca and work at the City of Rockingham’s Planning and Development department as a Drafting Officer.

I am an intermediate level proficient in the SketchUp and look forward to using it modelling tool. I will
incorporating data from our GIS platform so our Planners are able to make a more informative decision making. I look forward to any tips or advise in creating Urban Planning models.

-hello im tatenda aka “nyalaz”
-im an architecture student (second year @NUST)
-i mostly use it my academic projects
-haha besides the impressing babes part ,i like using it because i just fell in love with it since day1. its
easy to use and it doesnt limit me in design modelling and the coolest part is the xray veiw feature
-intermediate but hoping to be pro soon
-no ,but i hope to get there one day
-windows 8.1, sketchup PRO 2017
-nope i just store most of my models in my pc
-well, i will talk about the model i just uploaded. I am lover of travelling, art, adventures and mountain climbing, so my design concept was mountains (the chimanimani mountains). The idea was that people who come to my pavilion have to develop a feel of the mountain climbing experience both on the inside and outside. The model is one of my favourite, i made it during my first year and at that time i was at beginner’s level in my sketchup skills
-:sunglasses:
-:smile: haven’t been to one, but i guess its fun

HI, Im new to 3D modeling, I work on a mac OS and I’ve downloaded SketchUp Maker 2017 trial, and i love it. My goal is just to learn modeling for printing in the future. I am currently interested in organic shapes. I hope to be modeling and printing in a year or so. It will be a slow learning process for me as this is just my new hobby. And I am a slow learner, (granny pecking at keys, squinting to see the screen).hahahahaha

Hi! I’m John B aka jbee1
I am a Safety and Security Technician and a Master Electrician by trade
I also am a mentor for a local highschool robotics team, this is my 4th year of being involved
along with my son who is finishing his 2nd year of college in Computer Science.
We are a small robotics team with limited resources and material. I really want to learn how to use the Sketchup program so that I can be more involved with the building of the bot.
My hobby’s include restoring antique tractors, woodworking, building R/C airplanes, and building robots.
I think this tool will help me in all of these areas. I look forward to being a part of this forum and sharing some information.

Who are you?

What is your industry and profession? Retired Programmer
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally at home.
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? I have a Ultimaker 2+
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Intermediate
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? No, self taught
What is your current set up? Win 7 PC, Sketchup 2017
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? No
Anything else you would like to tell us? No
What is your favorite Emoji? No favorite, just whatever is appropriate
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? YES! I was raised in New Port Beach, Ca

could2 here and i have a question
while drawing, i did something, i don’t know what, but, my drawing went off screen. Don’t know how to get it back. help!, please.

I can see the grey area representing the sky above the horizon, but, cannot locate my drawing.

(Main Toolbar) Camera > Standard Views > (Cycle through the available views, any of them should re-focus the model).

But don’t reply here as it’s not a thread suited for asking questions, I would create a new thread if this does not solve the issue. Good luck.

ciao a tutti,
mi chiamo Mauro, compirò 65 anni a maggio, sono da poco in pensione.
non ho mai usato skectup ma mi affascina e vorrei imparare ad usarlo.

Hi,
My name is Kim and I currently teach design and architecture to high school students in Columbus, OH. I consider myself and intermediate user and am currently designing my own home using SketchUp. I teach/use Sketchup Pro 2017 in the classroom where my favorite project is constructing scale models of skyscrapers. Those of you providing accurate drawings in 3Dwarehouse, THANK YOU! We “unfold” them and create laser cut models from your originals.

I am not new to 3d-cad, but new to sketchup. I will try doing my dream house.

Who are you? Anthony - Creator of How We Built This
What is your industry and profession? Architect & Design Enthusiast
Where do you use SketchUp? Professionally AND Personally, it’s complicated…
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? Design Interface, Representation, Accustomization, and Workflow - or D.R.A.W.:wink:
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Advanced
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? 2018 will be my first!
What is your current set up? Dell Workstation, Sketchup Pro 2018
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? My Sketchup Videos :sunglasses: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzO4qBE3uHnaKYfHrob1VIQ
Anything else you would like to tell us? Sketchup ROcks
What is your favorite Emoji? :sunglasses: (I need it living in Los Angeles…)
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? YES

Who are you? I’m Dana, I work at a Virtual Reality software company called Yulio Technologies.
What is your industry and profession? I come from an Architecture background and now primarily work with Architects and Interior Designers to turn their CAD models into VR.
Where do you use SketchUp? We built a plugin for SketchUp to easily view your CAD model in VR.
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? I use SketchUp to visualize my designs in VR. Instead of looking at my model from the outside, I can put myself right inside it with VR.
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Advanced
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? Nope.
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, extentions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? YES! Check out https://www.yulio.com/showcase/ to view and experience VR.

Is anyone else here experimenting with VR? I would love to get the VR conversation going.

anyone else here experimenting with VR?

@DanaWarren Yes all the time in work and at home, if you start a new thread on the forum then I am sure some others will come out of the woodwork.

Thanks @liamk887 - that’s awesome.

I’ll definitely do that.

Who are you?
Tilo… regards from Germany.

What is your industry and profession?
Industry: Heavy duty… our playground is always loud, hot and dirty. Profession: Electric automation and large scale robotics with heavy machinery. Our lot size is always 1. All projects are one-time projects.

Where do you use SketchUp?
Everywhere possible…

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
To present the mechanical side of electric equipment within plants and for sales support. I really like the ease of use of sketchup.

How proficient are you in SketchUp?
I become more and more advanced every day…

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
Nope. Yes, I would like to. No, not in 2018 as far as I can estimate.

What is your current set up?
Lenovo W520 i7 laptop.

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
Nope… not yet.

Anything else you would like to tell us?
It all began with a Commodore C64…

What is your favorite Emoji?
What is an Emoji? :new_moon_with_face:

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?
Yes… as well as a deckchair with a sunshade and a fresh beer on the same beach.

Who are you?
Ryo, from Belgium (but I’m actually Japanese)

Previously Architect, now ArchViz-guy

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
Both… I don’t see any boundary though.

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…)
For its ease of use, the fact that you work directly in a 3d viewport, like on a physical model (btw I love physical models, and vintage RC cars in particular, but architectural models too).
What I like with SketchUp is the challenge. We can model pretty anything in 3dsmax but to be able to model anything in SketchUp is more fun (thanks to all the scripting wizards heroes).

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
I discovered SketchUp since v2.1, and was an early member of Pushpullbar. I fondly remember my happiness when @Last released v3 with transparent materials and smoothed surfaces (and its famous Villa Savoie template model). My SketchUp interface resembles AutoCAD or Rhino with more icons than viewport :smiley: (even if I don’t use them anymore and never was an Autodesk fan to begin with). So I guess I’m an advanced user?

I’d like to, but it’s often in the US and last time in Netherlands I was overwhelmed with work.

What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.]
MacPro 5,1 64Gb running Win10 64bit with a Titan X Maxwell, SU Pro 2018 (since today thanks to @Box)
3+1 screens setup (3x 24" plus a Wacom Cintiq) and yes, I’m also a gamer :smiley:

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
My 3dWH page:
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/user/u71a7549a-e04f-4dd6-9f16-290c34c0667d/optimaforever?nav=models

My old projects ArchLife and Tamiyarch Projects (very old ones):

Tamiyarch is a physical architectural model project I made to convince M. Tamiya to release arch models for us architecture students (and fans). I’ve sent him the pics I made and got a polite letter personally from him.
Koshino House was the first of the Modern Architecture series, featuring modern houses from famous architects at the time, like Ando, Meier, Botta, Koolhaas, Gehry, Ito, Murcutt, Zumthor, Aalto, Eames, Wright, etc.

And ArchLife is a realtime architectural FPS game project based on Half-Life game engine (initially based upon Quake2 engine and afterwards the Valve’s Source engine)
http://archlife.skynetblogs.be/archive/2006/01/index.html

My hobby images (renders from SketchUp models):

My work images (old images too as I don’t have any time to update :D):
http://www.quickit.be/

Anything else you would like to tell us?
SketchUp rules ! this community and all the ruby programmers are exceptional in the 3d world ! Lots of different backgrounds, personalities, and passions, gathered around a versatile 3D tool… I am very proud to be a SU user since 2001. If you ever come to Belgium, I’d happily invite you to go drink some belgian beers!

:sweat_smile:

I’m more a drone guy so I prefer to fly above the beach… but yes, I’d enjoy it too :wink:

Hola, mi nombre es HENRY DE LA OSSA, soy docentes de Bogotá Colombia, Universidad del Área Andina. Agradezco su amabilidad al compartir sus conocimientos y ecxperiencia conmigo.

bienvenue

Who are you?
Nicholas Patiro

I am in the supply industry, I am a landscape designer along with doing general masonry design for our contractors.

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
I have used sketchup previously, in college and in my personal life as I love to design. I am currently using it professionally for homeowner and contractor design.

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes)
Sketchup is a very user friendly modeling program, I learned several different modeling and rendering programs in college but have found Sketchup to be on par with everyone else. My favorite thing about Sketchup is the simplicity of the program and its functions, yet it provides a level of detail my clients are very surprised to see.

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
I am intermediate in proficiency, and am working toward becoming advanced shortly (hopefully)

No, I had a crash course in college and have been basically self taught since. (youtube helps a ton)

What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.]
Dell - SketchUp Pro 2018

I have some in the works that i will upload to the community soon.

The dinosaur emoji

Yes, to my beach chair with the beer in the cup holder.