Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Who are you, who, who? I’m Allen. @wutang121

What is your industry and profession? I install automation equipment for the semiconductor industry. I’m a Site Installation Manager

Where do you use SketchUp? Personal use only - I’m trying to plan my home projects out before I start them.

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? Based on the videos I’ve seen, the program looks easy to use with power capabilities.

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? No

What is your current set up? I’m trying to play with SketchUp Maker 2017 x64 on my Lenovo ThinkPad T440 Intel Core i5-4300U

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? I don’t have anything to show… You can check me out on instagram if you like @atjig

Anything else you would like to tell us? I like to order sunny-side up eggs and put the whole thing in my mouth. I feel like that is the only way to prevent the yolk from escaping all over my plate.

What is your favorite Emoji? :watermelon: is my favorite fruit

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? I’m not a fan of sand, but I don’t mind the boardwalks. I go PoGo walking.

1 Like

Hi Allen! Thanks for joining the forum – we’re happy to have you here. Good luck SketchUpping and be sure to keep us posted on your projects :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello, i’m omes mendrofa

1 Like

Hi @omes,

Welcome and please read your Private Message

1 Like

Who are you, who, who?
Hi, I’m Hans, 48 years old, from Holland and i’m a novice Sketchup user

What is your industry and profession?
I’m a managing director in a digital agency

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
I use Sketchup for hobby purposes. Recently bought a 3D printer, and try to make some cool stuff

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
Very much a beginner

What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc. (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count)
I us a iMac 27"with sketchup make 2017

Anything else you would like to tell us? (
I hate to admit it, but sketchup has a steep learning curve for me… pffff

What is your favorite Emoji?
Don’t have one

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?
Yup

1 Like

Hi ladies & germs

Durandt is the name

I am an oil&gas professional and sometimes use SU to make a quick model of an idea to get the point across more easily.

I started with SU and will stay with it. Its the modelling app I know. It works!

Proficiency: Novice to intemediate.

Basecamp, in deep dark Africa? I would go if you have one!

rMBP, 2.7ghz, 8gRAM, SU17Pro, (Thinking of getting VRAY).

No 3dWareHouse page yet unfortunately.

1 Like

Who are you, who, who? Just simple. Dily. That’s my real name :sunglasses:
What is your industry and profession? Now I’m working on Creative Industry | Bag designer and small entreprise
Where do you use SketchUp? Just for personal thing
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? Hahaha I already have had these application since 2008 and I’m quite satisfied for the result :smile: On these month, I have to transform my late father’s library to be a new workshop and home office. If I do Sketch Up, Dulux paint expert team will give some good advice and recommendation for my new workshop room
How proficient are you in SketchUp? I’m not smart for a complicated application, just beginner :sweat_smile:
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? Nope
What is your current set up? Windows 8 and Sketch-up Make 2017
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? hahaha my last artwork already gone, so I must make a new one.
Would you like to tell us? On 2008, I’d made a prototype apartment building to measure raindrop all over the building’s wall for plumbing system design.
What is your favorite Emoji? :thinking: >> too much thinking yeay :yum:
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? Don’t ask!! I love walking on the beach :joy:

1 Like

Hi,
My name is Tom Adler. I am interested in Chemical Modeling. Is there a good place to learn about Chemical Modeling with SketchUp? Thank you.

1 Like

Who are you, who, who?
My name is Geoff and I’m a middle aged bloke from Australia

I am a mechanic

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
I use SU personally

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
I use SU as I am teaching myself woodworking and having plans seems to be a great help to many YouTubers I watch although making my own plans now has me on a learning curve about SU as well as woodworking

Retarded

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
No,I don’t even know what that is

What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc. (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count)
I have an Imac inside my house and a laptop running Ubuntu in the shed

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
No

Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)
We have Koalas in our backyard

What is your favorite Emoji?
The thumbs up

Yes, but if it’s too far I’d rather drive

1 Like

Tori-CropPortrait-EdR2
My name is Erik. I’m a Dutchman, 59 years old, and I’ve been living in Denmark for almost 25 years now.
I graduated from the Academy for Architecture in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, in the late 90’s. Here in Denmark, I have made a living as a translator/proofreader for 2 decades, but I’m now slowly finding my way back to my original profession and would like to be able to work - at least part-time - with design again. I have tried quite a few CAD and 3D programs over time (AutoCad, ArchiCad, DenebaCad, Bryce, to name a few) but so far, SketchUp seems to be the first one that actually seems to ‘work for me’. Intermediate user - with a keen interest in getting better. My favorite thing about SU is its ease of use. Not been to a 3DBasecamp (yet); No Warehouse page (yet). I’m running SU 2017 Pro on a not-quite-new desktop with a decent FirePro 3800 graphics card, an Intel i7-870 processor running at 2.9 Ghz and 4 Gb of RAM

1 Like

FreeKittens

What is your industry and profession? I work in infrared imaging and satellite communications.
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally, for projects around the house that I might never finish . . . .
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? Because I can’t draw freehand or do math in my head any more. I use SU because it hides the fact that I can’t draw freehand or do math in my head any more :smiley:
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? I’m just a cotyledon on the tree of knowledge.
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? Bucket list.
What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc. SU Make ‘17 on a 2015 MBP 15’
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? Bucket list.
Anything else you would like to tell us? I would love to have a SketchUp drawing of each of my cats. Any volunteers?
What is your favorite Emoji? :scream:
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? Only if I can bring my cats.

2 Likes

Who are you, who, who? My name is Jean Christophe but call me JC it’s faster :wink:

What is your industry and profession? IT project

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? I use SU at home for personal projects

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…) I started using SU for modeling the furnitures I have in my house and use them in another 3D software and now for modeling small spare parts for 3D printing

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? Beginner but targeting to reach intermediate level soon with Sketchup Community :sunglasses:

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? No

What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.587 (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count) I use iMac 21.5" / OS X El Capitan / SketchUp make 2017 You’re lucky I don’t drive Ferrari so I’ll not talk about it :roll_eyes:

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? No (Not yet?)

Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…) Never saw UFO but if I see one sure I’ll model it in SU

What is your favorite Emoji? :sunglasses: (See why below)

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? Of course yes. Leaving in south of France 15 minutes walking from the beach… :rofl:

2 Likes

Hello i am Lee, i’m a new Sketchup user and have started working with the software this month. I’m very impressed with the end products i can achieve and how quickly i’m picking up the software. I’m a Mac and Windows user, currently working as a Mac Technical assistance, so if there are any Mac qualms i could offer my wisdom :slight_smile:

1 Like

First time Sketchup 7 user. I bought several Ruby scripts and put them in the plugins folder under sketchup, restarted sketchup, but nothing shows up. Extension Manager looks for *.rbz files but I can’t select *.rb files. What’s wrong?

1 Like

Francis “Butch” Hodgkins, Retired civil engineer and current woodworker, which is my primary need for SketchUp. The greatest thing about sketchup is being able to draw in three dimensions using exact dimensions, and then being able to disassemble and reassemble what you have drawn. I use make and get frustrated because of the loss of functionality that is in Layout. I am looking for a 3D program to purchase, but less costly,

I am not proficient, because I do not use it enough to remember how to use it from one session to the next. Additionally, I am 73 and I think my brain is shrinking,: Certainly my memory is.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m Charlie. I normally use AutoCAD but I’m giving SketchUp a shot! Any advice is very welcome (I’m currently struggling to even get it up and running!!!)

I’m a Set Designer for TV, Film and Stage and I’m hoping to use Sketch Up to develop my 3D Printing skills for my pre-production scale models.

Cheers x

1 Like

Hi and welcome to each and every new SketchUp Community Forum member. Recently several folks have posted here with just their names. In all but one of these cases the post was removed because it revealed nothing more than their name and offered no other information. A typical intro will tell something more about who you are and what your interests (especially those related to SU) really are. So please take a few moments to actually introduce yourself to the Community. Be sure to fill out your member profile too because knowing your system setup and the version of the SketchUp software you are using will help us to respond to any issues you may want to post. Lastly, for every new user’s convenience, the Forum Guidelines are hyperlinked here. Just click the bold text to be taken directly to them.

To those of you who recently posted only your names, please come back and let us know what you are doing with this amazing software tool.

2 Likes

Hey Butch (or @Skibutch1),

From a semi retired architect (because very few self employed architects actually ever retire completely), it’s good to see other older professionals coming to this software. I encourage you to keep experimenting with SketchUp, because you will get better at it as you go. IMO, you will be hard pressed to find another 3D program at a less expensive cost that does what this one can. Try downloading and following along with the various beginner and intermediate SU video tutorials. These are an excellent source to expand your modeling skills.

1 Like

I am SketchUp1, a new user with a dilemma. I am starting to learn today on a Windows 10; an old stogie set set in his ways that has to learn a new program from PowerPoint 2017. I am retired, no longer employed. I am a designer of a sort; nothing on the market and most likely won’t be.

1 Like

Who are you, who, who?`** (*show us those pearly whites :smiley: — to start, just one photo if you please )

No pearly whites, but this is the real me

Civil / Structural across Residential / Commercial / Industrial … you name it. Pretty much anything and everything construction related projects over the past n years

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?

So far, I’ve only scratched the surface with the professional stuff, generating 3D views of details for folks who can’t read technical drawings, but I’d really like to do more.

From what I’ve seen so far, unfortunately I think LO need more development before I’d consider using SU as my “go to” package … :frowning_face:

Personally, I use SU for creating models to 3D print, mainly parts for my motorbikes … or just exploring ideas

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favourite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…)

It’s just so ridiculously easy to generate your first 3D models … :grinning:

Somewhere between beginner and advanced, depending on the particular project, the day of the week, amount of coffee consumed, etc, etc … :wink:

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?

Why not try hosting one in New Zealand, and then I’d consider it … :wink:

What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.587 (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count)

AMD 8320, 16 GB, GTX 970, Win 7 ('cos I hate the update), SU 2017 … however the old workhorse is getting a bit long in the tooth, so I’m looking to upgrade

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?

Na, I think my stuff is a little too “niche” to start uploading for the world to make use of

Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)

im-a-reasonably-intelligent-jo-person-who-does-moderately-stupid-14370570

What is your favourite Emoji?

:grinning: or :wink: or :sunglasses: or …

I’d prefer to be under the waves, wearing SCUBA gear … :wink:

3 Likes