Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Buenos dias, soy Sytlvia y estoy cursando un master en iunteriorista y 3D,
Tengo un gran problema estaba trabajando y de golpe se me ha borrado mi plano y sale “FORMATO DE ARCHIVO INESPERADO_” AYUDAAAAAAAAAAA

1 Like

Este hilo es para presentarse, si necesitas resolver algún problema debe crear un nuevo post o comentar en alguno existente relacionado con tu problema.

You must create a new post or comment on an existing one where your problem is addressed. This thread is for introducing yourself.

Merhaba, I’m Riley. Wayyy Background: I have a BFA in Industrial Design from a University of Wisconsin university. Have had jobs primarily in carpentry and remodeling residential/commmercial properties. Hobbies include woodworking and automotive stuff/custom motorcycle fab. Recently I moved to Türkiye to work with a family member and tap into the yacht diagnositic market here (and while the country’s economy as a whole is wack, there’s plenty of money around here).
When I have free time, I thought it’d be good (in general and in the interest of my other hobbies) to get back into some CAD. I used to be decent with solid works and autoCAD, but its been a good 15 years or so since I’ve played with any CAD. I currently am only using a iPad Pro 12.9 m2. I’m finding out this may not be the best interface to learn Sketchup from the ground up. Cheers from Bodrum, Türkiye.

1 Like

Hi - My name is Matt, 47, and have a Masters in Architectural Technology and Sustainable Construction. I’m based in Scotland. I’ve been working in commercial design and fit out in the UK for about 25 years and have been a sketchup user for at least 15… Sketchup (and layout) has gradually become one of the main tools I use in the production of concept design, detailing, visualisation and documentation. I like to think I’m a pretty advanced user, but still come up against bug splats and technical issues. I do like long walks on the beach - but prefer to surf off them (even in the cold waters off Scottish beaches)…

1 Like

My name is Jamie Xayvong, I am a Year 12 student at Como Secondary College in Perth. I am a Sketchup beginner and have paid for a one year subscription to Studio23.

2 Likes

Hi - David here. I’m a luthier working part time out of my workshop on the outskirts of Sydney. I build classical guitars mainly, and I recently set up a CNC machine to automate the fabrication of some guitar components. I want to use Sketchup (pro) to initially build a 3d model of a classical guitar neck which I can then make on my CNC machine. I’m new to Sketchup, so this is probably a very ambitious goal, but I’m happy to start small and build up as I gain more experience. Thanks for having me on your forum.

2 Likes

Hey. I started out cold too but SketchUp proved to be very intuitive after a few days of fumbling and I’ve since created some startlingly complex models (startling to me, anyway, that they aren’t complete garbage!) Keep at it and you’ll likely do fine.

Thanks Saul - it’s great that there’s so much good information and advice available on how to use sketchup - I certainly will keep at it.

1 Like

Hi all…

I’m a retired guy using Sketchup Free to model my house for a new addition for a TV room, outdoor kitchen and cover for my zero turn mower and 4-wheeler. Unfortunately, I’ve spent a lot of time and am close to the finish line but when “printing to pdf” for submitting to local print establishment, a lot of my text does not show up when viewing to print output. Being new to SketchUp, I know I’m not doing something right…can anyone assist?

1 Like

Hey Paul, I’m Bill. I just joined Sketchup forums and noted your intro entry. Good sense of humor. I once lived in Ann Arbor so when I saw chelsea I felt like saying hello. found HSM online and would like to peruse that more. Nice job.
I’m a newbie woodworker who plans to use Sketchup in future designs. Retired, and exploring my craft.
I’ll stay in touch as I begin my Sketchup journey.
cheers
:pray:

1 Like

Hellooo guys. I’m Mari Baroli, SketchUp Ambassador in Brazil. I had the immense honor and happiness of being SketchUp’s first global ambassador. Great pleasure to be here with you!

I am the founder of Studio Baroli where I teach architecture and interior professionals to design using SketchUp and LayOut.

I’m architect.

I work with SketchUp since 2008, I consider myself at an advanced level. And what I like most is because it’s a simple and intuitive program to use, with exceptional and professional results.

I haven’t been able to go to 3D Basecamp yet.

I love going to the beach, and I also prefer ride in the mountains.

My favorite emoji :partying_face:

4 Likes

Hi I’m Joe Hines from Carrabassett Maine.
I’m a general contractor by day and a snowcat operator at night {in the winter}.
I work with a architect that mostly uses auto cad and I’ve been trying to convert here for years.
I had a client’s son draw their garage with sketchup and handed me plans that he said he made in a few hours and he got me hooked on the free version 14 years ago.
When covid hit I hadn’t been using sketchup much but I had a kitchen to design so I decided to take classes from sketchup school. Shortly after I landed to of the largest projects of my career, Design builds and now I can’t stop learning from the YouTube channel and sharing with coworkers.
I bring my Mac book pro 13" laptop with me every day to problem solve and keep our work looking awesome.
I hope to make sketchingup my full time gig.

7 Likes

-Who are you? Rich Laiacona
-What is your industry and profession? Web Developer
-Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? -Not yet, research solutions.
-Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? - Looking for the best way to update google maps buildings.
-How proficient are you in SketchUp? Noob.
-Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? No
-What is your current set up? Work Laptop
-Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? No
-Anything else you would like to tell us? I have experience in other 3d modeling programs.
-What is your favorite Emoji? Angry Salt Cube.
-Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?, No I also do Underwater Archeology.

I am looking for a good way to refine the 3d Models of buildings in my city and load them back into Google Maps/Earth. It seems SketchUp has the tools for this, I just don’t know at what cost. Any help would be appreciated. Which upgrade do I need?

1 Like

You should create a new topic if you want to get answers and recommendations, this thread is just to introduce yourself.

• Who are you?
    Hi, all! My name’s Bai Song(柏松), from Jinan, China.
    This is my first post on this forum, but I’ve visited here as a guest for years, learned a lot from Developer Category. Thanks all the contributors!

• What is your industry and profession?
    I used to be a java programmer for 10 years and a software project manager for another 10 years. Now I’m a small start-up that developing a wood-working sketchup plugin, which to translate cabinet models to cnc code.

• Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
    I think sketchup is a very suitable tool for cabinet design and wood working.

• How proficient are you in SketchUp?
    Professional in ruby plugin developing, but a beginner of modeling.

• Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
    No. Haven’t found any party for programmers

• What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.]
    Sketchup 2022 / Mac OS 12 (M1)

• Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
    My product’s website: http://chaidan.net. An image can show what it can do.

My personal blog: http://baisong.me , have some blogs(in Chinese) maybe userful for programmers.

• What is your favorite Emoji?
    :smiling_face_with_tear:

• Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...?
    I’ve spend 4 years in Ocean Univercity of China, which is located, as you can see, just neighbour the sea. So, yes.
    But currently i prefer morning-run in the park near my home, which is more healthy, and less heart-breaking than walking on the beach, with girls!

2 Likes

I am an Italian architect.
Seventy years old.
I use Sketchup for version 5 (from @lastsoftware).
I like using Sketchup, less Layout (too cumbersome and slow).
My operating system is Win 11 e win 10.
I haven’t a 3d Warehouse page but I open it often.
My license is a classic license for SketchUp Pro 2021.

4 Likes

Hello,
I’m an architect in Los Angeles. Sketchup has become an extension of my brain. I use it to spatially navigate design in concept, but I have used it all the way through the design process, up to construction administration. I use it to organize new buildings on the site and create design studies.

I am now moving to more powerfully combine Sketchup and Photoshop. This is opening a whole new world of possibilities I am excited to start exploring and using in my work.

cheers!

5 Likes

Hello I am Nathan Mills
I am an assistant quantity surveyor.
I love to design with sketchup, and I prepare my take off and estimating list from sketchup

2 Likes

My name is Peggy Ghozali. I’m an architect, and am an intermediate user of SketchUp. I use Sketch Up intermittently to create 3D models of my design, but not for renderings.

I would like to use Sketch Up more professionally, but I do high volume spec projects that require mirroring and adding alternative elevations of my plans. I still don’t know how to do that proficiently in Sketch Up. I joined this forum to get advice on how to do this in SketchUp.

1 Like