Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hi SketchUp community, happy to meet you! I’m Michael from northern Ontario, Canada, long time user of SketchUp since 2010 or so, with maybe advanced skills. I’ve been a professional graphic designer, Mac computer and software user most of my career. SketchUp has been with me to build my home, for numerous design and creative thinking projects. My appreciation is long overdue to those who nurture SketchUp. Thank you! Sorry to say I haven’t contributed much to the forum, nor published anything to 3D warehouse (but hope to change that). For me, 2022 looks promising personally and professionally with Sketchup playing a big role in all its potential. So to all of you who enjoy the freedom and creative power of SketchUp may 2022 be most hopeful. I hope my ideas and SketchUp experience will be of value to the forum. Cheers, Mikey

Good day to you All

My name is Nico, I am a French man living in Norway. I am 46. Not to bore everyone with a too long story, I will simply say that I am an enthusiastic user of SketchUp to model furniture I design for clients in Oslo. I bought a 2018 Pro licence and use it to model things and make way to cut plates on a CNC shopbot in a warehouse in my neighbourhood.

I’ve been learning 3D modelling on the Blender platform ; as I was in need of a quick tool to model furniture, I chose Sketchup as it felt to be an easy starter compared to Blender.

here is a website - in Norwegian - that could give an idea of what I’ve been doing these past years.

www.franskmann.no

Thanks for welcoming me in this community, this is such un upside of Internet, sharing experience and advice is something I value a lot.

Hi everyone,
I’m Spoon and I live in the UK. I’ve been using SketchUp for about a year and only recently got my work to buy a licence for the Pro version.
I would class myself as a beginner in Sketchup and love to use it as a hobby as well, there I have done a few projects.
My first project was to draw Krak des Chevalier, which was a huge learning curve for me.
The second one was my house. I had my daughter asking why I has measuring the curves in the window frames, door panels & skirting boards. I told her that if a job is worth doing then its worth doing well. I am currently drawing up a Panther Ausf.A tank.
Thanks for the welcome.

Hi, I’m John Chadwick and I’m a carpenter/builder/renovator in the north.
I use Sketchup both for personal and work. I am not proficient enough in Layout yet, but if I can show a Sketchup model to someone they can understand the concept, idea or proposal very well.
I’m a bit more than a beginner. I don’t get to use it as much as I would like to so I have to keep relearning the same things.
I have not gone to Basecamp but someday maybe…
I have a Dell desktop with a couple of monitors that I use sometimes. What I do most of my work on is a Surface Pro 6. I do have a 3DConnection Spacemouse Wireless that use when I model.
I don’t think I have impressed any babes with Sketchup but my customers like to be able to see a model and change their perspective, see different views.

I’m more of a woods guy than beach guy.

1 Like

Allen_200_x_224
My name is Allen Pitts. I am an architect and a web developer.
I am developing several several architectural lighting products using LEDs.
A few 3D objects have been developed using TinkerCad but trying to find
a software that is a bit more sophisticated.
I am new to SketchUp. I have not been to the base camp.
I run Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 7506.
Interested in a short learning curve.

Allen Pitts, Dallas Texas

2 Likes

Welcome @allenpitts , if you have not already found it, theSketchUp Campus is a great place to start:

Hi,
I’ve been using Sketchup for many years
I’ve just installed the app on my phone and that’s why I’ve joined the forum.

• **Who are you? a Scot who’s lived and worked in France for the last 40 years and is now retired.
  • **What is your industry and profession? Sftware development.
  • **`Where do you use SketchUp? Personally
  • **Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? to plan diy projects at home and particularly for woodworking before ordering and cutting the parts.
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? Intermediate
  • Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? No
  • What is your current set up? HP Envy 15" with 2 Tb ssd and 23" ext screen under W10
  • Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? No
  • Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...? Yes, and elsewhere

Hello All,
My name is Peter, and I live near Perth in Western Australia.
I have been using Sketchup Make for a couple of years and I love the program.
My age is 75 years young. Cheers.

1 Like
  • **Who are you?
  • **What is your industry and profession?**Teaching
  • **`Where do you use SketchUp? Personally and Professionally
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? 3D rendering mockups and flythrough
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner
  • **Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?No
  • **What is your current set up?*Mac Sketchup 2021
  • **Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?Not yet
  • Anything else you would like to tell us?
  • **What is your favorite Emoji?**I have many of these
  • **Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...?*Yes when it’s not windy
2 Likes

I love these models!

Hi my name is Robert I am a designer. Designs interiors, furniture and other objects for the home, stairs, fireplaces, railings, lamps …
I’m just starting to work at Sketchup. I hope for lots of cool and interesting projects.

Hi I’m Greg, really don’t know what I’m doing, so apologies if I have sent this message to the wrong place, just joined the forum didn’t realise there was one. I am having real issues with signing into my SUPro account today, I think it might have something to do with Trimble identity update… I’ve tried to do what its states, but I’m failing miserably… anyone out there able to help me or direct me somewhere, apologies for typing this in wrong place etc etc… newby!!

Hi GHD,

Welcome to the forum mate. Best thing you can do is start a new thread for your question. More people will be able to see it and help you out more.
If you click the link below, this should send you to the SketchUp section of the forum. The just click on the +New Topic towards the top right and type your question in there.

Good luck.

thanks so much Spoon… yeah apologies duh im a bit lost with this technology! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Sketchup-ers!

My nickname from a motorcycle club is Catfish. Guess I ordered it for dinner a few too many times! :wink: I’m 67yo and converting a Ford Transit van. I’m using Sketchup to design all of my DIY wood projects. Have completed the easy shelves & overhead cabinets. Now I’m working on my galley cabinet to house a mini frig & several drawers. Lotsa parts!

I’ve been using OpenCutList extension for cutlists and it has worked well. Now I want to optimize my sheet goods layouts, so I got CutList Bridge LX and trying to learn it.

Looks like a great resource to search thru. :slight_smile:

Catfish

2 Likes

Hi my name is Leo Claessens and I do woodworking and make knives. I have just started SketchUp and like to learn.

I’m Dan. I’m retired and use SU to model for my 3D printer Christmas present. I’ve also used it to layout my shop and design a shed we recently built. I’m probably an intermediate user. I don’t have a fancy system gut it is good enough to handle SU.

1 Like

Hi! My name is Don. I am retired, having spent most of my working years in sales (B2B/Wholesale) in the automotive industry. I am currently using SketchUp Shop. Now that I am retired and moved into a new (for me) house I have time to pursue my woodworking hobby. So far I’ve used SketchUp to create small projects - that is except for the 8’ x 8’ bar I built last year. My main problem is that I use SketchUp infrequently, so actually learning it is an issue. I take three steps forward and then two back so when I use it again I forgot most of what learned the last time.

I use Windows 10 and a pretty goof Nvidia card so rendering the models is not a problem.

2 Likes

Hello All
I am Ravi Shankar Kumar from India, having experience of more than 4 years in working with a development team that is going to solve the real-world problem of AEC.

I would be happy to connect with all

Thanks again
Ravi

Hi guys and gals
I’m Rob Van Wyck a.k.a. Rupert from Canada. I just found this forum tonight. I’ve been struggling with Sketchup for Web for a week now as a rank beginner and I’m looking for information. Hope this is the place. To answer the questions:
****Who are you?** I’m a 70 yr old retired teacher and musician.

• What is your industry and profession? I’ve no industry but do build structures at our camp and now in the yard.
  • Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? Just trying it out now for my Super-Shed!!!
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? Not relying on it to impress the babes … but I really like the appearance of the things I’m making.
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? Rank Beginner
  • Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? Never heard of it.
  • What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.] *Mac, and SU for Web
  • Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? Hah!
  • Anything else you would like to tell us? Glad you’re here and hope to make use of this community and hopefully be able to add something to it too.
1 Like