Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hi! My name is Don. I am retired, having spent most of my working years in sales (B2B/Wholesale) in the automotive industry. I am currently using SketchUp Shop. Now that I am retired and moved into a new (for me) house I have time to pursue my woodworking hobby. So far I’ve used SketchUp to create small projects - that is except for the 8’ x 8’ bar I built last year. My main problem is that I use SketchUp infrequently, so actually learning it is an issue. I take three steps forward and then two back so when I use it again I forgot most of what learned the last time.

I use Windows 10 and a pretty goof Nvidia card so rendering the models is not a problem.

2 Likes

Hello All
I am Ravi Shankar Kumar from India, having experience of more than 4 years in working with a development team that is going to solve the real-world problem of AEC.

I would be happy to connect with all

Thanks again
Ravi

Hi guys and gals
I’m Rob Van Wyck a.k.a. Rupert from Canada. I just found this forum tonight. I’ve been struggling with Sketchup for Web for a week now as a rank beginner and I’m looking for information. Hope this is the place. To answer the questions:
****Who are you?** I’m a 70 yr old retired teacher and musician.

• What is your industry and profession? I’ve no industry but do build structures at our camp and now in the yard.
  • Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? Just trying it out now for my Super-Shed!!!
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? Not relying on it to impress the babes … but I really like the appearance of the things I’m making.
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? Rank Beginner
  • Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? Never heard of it.
  • What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.] *Mac, and SU for Web
  • Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? Hah!
  • Anything else you would like to tell us? Glad you’re here and hope to make use of this community and hopefully be able to add something to it too.

Hello, I’m new here. I’m still learning to use SketchUp but have run into a problem, which is why I have joined.

Salut à tous.
J’ai pratiqué longtemps SU avant de me tourner vers Blender.
Je reviens à Sketchup que je trouve plus simple pour créer mes fichiers SLT (imprimante 3D).
Je travaille avec la version PRO sur un PC Windows 10 pro et une carte GTX 1070. J’utilise quelquefois mon vieux MacMini 2011 relié directement à mon imprimante 3D.
Bonne journée à toute la communauté.

1 Like

Hi, my name is Marta and I am from Poland :slight_smile:
My profession is landscape architecture but the only one thing what I like to do is 3D modeling so I never worked as a landscape architect.
I use SketchUp professionally
Hmmm I met SketchUp at the University and I love components.
I think I am intermediate because still have problems with dynamic components and quad modeling.
I haven’t go to 3D Basecamp.
I work on PC, SketchUp Pro 2021.
I have one link with my models 3D models by mARTon3D (@Marta4) - Sketchfab
I can only say that I hate when save the file and all my solids are break haha.
:slight_smile: :no_mouth:
More than beach I prefer rollerblades :slight_smile:

Hi Martaa, welcome on the forum!

You can make a topic about this problem if you want…

Hi tweenulzeven :slight_smile:
oh right, thank you, haha I will, but actually I am more deep in dynamic componenyts…I just made one topic :no_mouth:

1 Like
  • Who are you?
    Hello friends
    My name is Mostafa Shojaei and my brand is mr sketchup

• What is your industry and profession?
    I’m a small freelancer in this very big world
    And I’m currently teaching on Instagram and YouTube

• Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
    Personally at home
    For 3D modeling my ideas and tutorials

• Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes/bros…)
    Because SketchUp has a very easy and fast user interface
    And it can be learned very well and permanently
    And while it is simple, it is very powerful

• How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
    Advanced

• Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
    No

• What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.] (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count)
    desktop 64-bit running windows 10
    sketchup 2019 - 2021

• Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
    I upload my tutorials on YouTube and my models on my Telegram channel
    YOUTUBE: https://bit.ly/30PBevN
    TELEGRAM: YouTube
    INSTAGRAM: bit.ly/3rtIcl4

• Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)

I love being a part of the broader community and SketchUp team.
i love SKETCHUP

• What is your favorite Emoji?
    :joy:

• Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...?
    very much

[/quote]