We are Hiring! Ruby Genius/Programer to make us a custom plugin

What we do:
We are are a company located in Norway, producing and selling railing systemes of different types. our standard railings has stainless steel post and glass fillings, Im sure you have seen it somewhere.

All the projects we start, big or small. we make Custom installation document in sketchup/ layout for the customer. showing the center-center distance of posts, glass size and qty etc… the document is based on the messurements of the balcony of the customer. so every job have the same workflow. but different messurement and glass sizes.

What we need:
We need a Sketchup Ruby Plugin Programmer Genius! Thats a long title, but that is really what we need… Someone that can help us make life just a little bit easier.

If you feel that you have earned that title please apply for this job:) Or if you dont think that the title appeal to you, but you think that you can pull this off. Be my guest please apply for this job:)

we know that programming takes time. And our timeline is to have this pluginn ready for launch february next year.

What the plug in should do:

Possibility 1:¨
Based on the follow me around tool (or something):

Lets say that we have drawn the shape of the place we are going to install the railings on.

1. we draw lines in the center where the railing is going to be installed.
  2. we mark all the lines where the railing is going to be installed
  3. we press a button, and woila the railing is now installed on our modell. with our stock glass size widths (evry 5 cm up to 120cm). We have math examples explaining this. but we need help to use fixed sizes on the glass as variables.

Possibility 2:
You come up with something better :smile:

We are looking for a quality sulution for this, and if its possible we would also like to include Layout in the equation.

Please dont hessitate sending me a PM and i will sen over some PDF documents. Sorry for all the spelling errors!

Best Regards Stian Stribolt