Vray plugin Error with SketchUp 2021 MAC

Please help me!
Error message every time I open SketchUp 2021 after installing V-ray, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both V-ray and Sketchup but the error keeps coming up! Any help would be appreciated… looks like its to do with ruby?

Error message:

Error Loading File /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb
Error: #<Errno::EACCES: Permission denied @ rb_sysopen - /Users/franhumphrey/.ChaosGroup/V-Ray for SketchUp/VRayForSketchUp.log>
/Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/helpers/logger:9:in initialize' /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/helpers/logger:9:in open’
/Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/helpers/logger:9:in <module:Logger>' /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/helpers/logger:3:in module:VRay
/Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/helpers/logger:1:in block in <top (required)>' /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/helpers/helpers:3:in eval’
/Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/helpers/helpers:3:in eval' /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/helpers/helpers:3:in require_crypt’
/Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/helpers/helpers:3:in block in <top (required)>' /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb:48:in eval’
/Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb:48:in eval' /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb:48:in require_crypt’
/Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb:48:in block in <top (required)>' /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/eula.rb:48:in ensure_accepted’
/Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb:36:in <top (required)>' /Applications/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require’
/Applications/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:29:in register_extension’
/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:29:in <module:VRay>' /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:4:in <top (required)>’

1 Like

I’m getting the Same message hopefully we hear back soon

I´m getting the same message too!
could you fix it?

Hey both,

Yes got in touch with the technical support at chaos who. run V-ray and they sent me here to download this version and its worked so far!

Thank you for your e-mail.
Please find on the link below our latest build 5.20.02 fixing this issue:

https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/#/vray5sketchup/stable/20211112

Instructions:

Once you’ve signed into chaos the link doesn’t actually open the file page, so look to the left hand side and click on ‘V-Ray 5 for SketchUp - stable’ then select the folder 20211112, download and install vray_52002_sketchup_osx.dmg if you’re on Mac (and the other one .exe for windows)

It will uninstall your previous version before running the new one so don’t worry about doing that youself.

Hope it works for you guys too!

1 Like