Vray Next texture align problem

Hi, I have just started to use Vray Next and if I align the texture on a face there is nothing changed on the render. If i use the same direction and texture size on both side it works, but in the older Vray it is easy to use. If i change the texture will change on the render. Do i make something wrong or it is a bug or just more complicated. I hate it.

Sounds like a ‘Reversed Faces’ issue. I’ve replicated it here:

Switch to ‘Monochrome’ face style to check.

Then reverse the face so that the front side of the face is up (and therefore back side is down).

2 Likes

Maybe there is an error of your file location. Like the picture down below:

If the sign shows. You need the to find the file. It works for some people. Hopefully, it works for you.

Hi eric-s,
Thank you for your reply. It was anyway which side i have painted in the older sketchup and vray program. Why is it so complicated now? I have just rendered what i see on the picture. Do you have any idea how can i set this side thing off?

Thank you for your help, the file location is ok. I guess is Face side problem but i can understand why is it so important in the newer program.

@eric-s may correct me, but I don’t think there is any change in the behaviour with the texturing on back sides of faces in V-Ray Next or 5 in comparison with older versions.

I used to work with older verisons in the last 5 years and i have never had a problem like this. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.