Vray Interactive grind to halt

Hi, Spec of my computer is as below,
Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor, 17.3" Full HD Screen, Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit,
16GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB SSD + 1000GB HDD, DVD Rewriter, Dedicated GeForce GTX 960M 2GB Graphics,
Working on Vray and have hit a major snag.
When I upload the materials file in Vray 3.4 material editor ( I was using a file
from Poliigon ) the Vray Interactive function grinds to a halt when I’m trying
to load bump, reflection, diffuse & displacement etc. or even adjusting the scale of image.
Can anyone please advise what is going on?

Thanks

Your system specs looks fine for interactive usage.
Are you using GPU acceleration? If so try disabling it and test.
You might be using a feature that is not supported with interactive render yet. Check this: Supported Features in Interactive Rendering.

Also try asking on official V-ray forum for SketchUp or contact V-ray support team. They will probably more helpful.

Hi Emir,

Yes I had GPU acceleration on, disabled it but it still froze and then crashed.
When I bring in the texture and try and adjust the ratio for scale in the default
tray it freezes. I’ve tried using the window render option to limit the memory requirement
for the render and also reduced the render output values, nothing has worked.
A bit stumped and disappointed as this is the main thing that Vray should do?
Is there some other setting on my laptop that can be adjusted / help?

Regards

Gareth Brown

Having the specs does not mean SketchUp/VRay uses them, especially on a laptop, where manufacturers presets the internal graphics for energy-saving.
Check Windows>Preferences>OpenGL >Graphic Cards…what does it say?
With nVidia control panel you can tell the system specifically use the nVidia with certain programs.

I’ve already told NVidia to be used in Sketchup.
I’m in windows 10 can I access the preferences through control panel?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.