Sketchup Vray 3.4 crashing on render

Hi there, new to this and not particuarly well versed but here goes…

I have a Asus ROG G751JY-T7168H, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GTX980M graphics card, Intel i7 4720HQ. Vray 3.4 and Sketchup Pro 2017.

Vray seemed to render some simple scenes OK but an uncomplicated model with some lighting in it keeps crashing Sketchup after a long time of rendering (probably hours, as I have been leaving it overnight etc), both with Interactive/Progressive/accelerated GPU off, and also when I have turned it on. Quality slider would be set to either High or Very High, and Output has been set to 5000x2813 - it needs to be very high resolution. I do apparently have the latest driver installed for the graphics card. CPU runs at 100% when rendering without GPU acceleration, but I think that is normal?

Today I noticed under Extensions>Vray>Tools>GPU Device Selection there was something strange, and an error was appearing in the render dialog, so I unchecked and checked the GTX980M and set devices and now it says ‘successfully parsed …’ - this may have improved the GPU render and I will test it tonight.

However, I was expecting the normal non-progressive render option to be able to handle this and I would like to know how I can stop it from crashing mid render. I notice the GPU and CPU renders are giving different lighting and colour but that issue can wait - I would just like to get some decent output for now…

Cheers & any help much appreciated!

Chaos Group : Forums

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.