Unable to make a layer active

I accidentally clicked on a layer that I do not need to work in, but now I can’t seem to get back to layer 0. No matter how many times I click another layer, that pencil remains on the one I don’t want to be on. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Can you see the pencil icon on the right side of the panel, or are you clicking on the ‘eycon’ on the left?

Is the layers toolbar visible? The active layer can be changed with the dropdown in the toolbar.

If you are trying to change it in the Layers panel, you need to click in the right most column where the pencil is. The standard rule involves leaving Layer 0 as the active one at all times. All geometry is created on and remains on Layer 0. That way there’s never any need to “work in” other layers.
Layer

I can see the pencil icon on the right side of the layer I don’t want to be on. And clicking on other layers - everywhere - doesn’t change it.

Yes, this is what I’m using to click but literally nothing happens.

THAT did it! Thank you!!! Yes - I accidentally changed the layer not wanting to move from layer 0. Hence why I had no idea how I did it and how to get back! Thank you!!!

1 Like