Trouble with Preferences

I had to recently rename every folder on my external hard drive and now every time I start Sketchup it gives me a startup dialog box saying something about the folders are invalid and to fix it to go to >Window> Preferences. But the preferences never open up? The main window just sits there and if you click anywhere on the Sketchup window I get a Windows “Ding”, IF I the “Escape” button then Sketchup works again but still no Preferences to fix this startup problem!! Can Anyone Help Please! Thank you.

Sounds like Preferences is opening off screen.

After selecting Preferences, press alt and space together, them m, then tap any arrow key and finally, without clicking, move the mouse around until the dialog appears.

You could also try repairing the SketchUp installation. Find the downloaded installer, right click on it, choose Run as administrator and then Repair. If you didn’t install SketchUp using Run as administrator from the context menu, you should do that anyway.

Thanks DaveR! One thing, its wierd, before it would work I had to click the Restore down button before selecting Preferences, once I did that it worked perfectly! Great Job!