Trimble Visualiser help... pleeeease

Hi, Is there anyone out there who has successfully managed to open a Sketchup model in Trimble Visualizer? The icon for ‘send to visualizer’ is missing in the desktop app of Trimble connect… on mine & one other persons at least! Various models published & uploaded but simply no icon to send to visualizer. Has anyone had the same problem that I’m experiencing & did you find a solution? Sketchup team member help perhaps? Its part of the Pro subscription after all…

Never had issues myself, do you have more than one account on the computer?
Perhaps it’s a permission issue.
There used to be an msi for Trimble Connect for Windows, but it is an .exe now, I believe.
I would suggest deinstalling it and then reinstalling by rightclicking on the downloaded installer file and choose ‘Run as Admin’ .
Restart computer (cold reboot)
Open it first and view some models.
Close it and then run the msi of the Visualiser installer
See if that makes any difference.

I just had time to install visualizer. I didn’t have the Visualizer button at first but while watching @Speaker’s tutorial I understood a short sentence that indicated that you need to open Trimble Connect Desktop first, close it, then install the Visualizer plugin and reopen Trimble Connect Desktop. I closed TCD, ran the Visualizer installer again, and then opened TCD and the button was there.

Thanks, good to see that this method worked for others too. That is what I had read on TDC forum a year ago. But, now TDC team member made a correction that you have to install both first. I didn’t have second PC to test both variants.

I want to hear from others too - what method works for you? We need some more testing

1 Like

Thanks for help Dave but still no go my end. Uninstalled both Tc & Vis & reinstalled as per instructed but still no icon?
I have a bunch of what look like associated visualizer/Tc files. I think i’ll delete all & throw the towel in.

You should be finding the icon or button in the Trimble Connect for Desktop panel.

1 Like

This is what is happening, Icon shows for a nano second & then dissapears. Not sure how to attach a video so here is Amazon link.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/ggNWeWJJD5egJAde8OhudATQTMOsi9VWVd85x9TyTSy

When you installed Trimble Connect for Desktop did you right click on the installer and choose Run as administrator from the Context menu? If not, do that. Then do a cold reboot of your computer. Any change in behavior?

Should I uninstall & reinstall TC first?

No. Close it if it’s open. Find the downloaded installer, right click on it, and choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted, choose Repair.

Done & repaired, still no icon when opening? Sorry Dave, I’m not good with this side of things… dont even know what a cold reboot is…

Sorry. Power the computer completely off and restart it.

I’ll give it a go & let you know result… thanks for this.

No luck. I think it must be a software issue or something my end. Thanks anyway Dave.

Strange indeed! It all worked straight away when I installed the two a couple of hours ago.

Very strange, I can live without it… shame is all. Cheers again.

1 Like

Hi, could you send me your Trimble ID (the e-mail address of your Trimble account) and I can check if this is an entitlement problem. My e-mail is kim.nyberg … at … trimble.com

Kim

Thanks… sent you email.

I see that you opened a project called ‘SketchUp’.
Usually, that comes with a trial plan. That trial plan is probably expired, so you need to create a new project, first.
In the project details, you now have it under your current plan (SketchUp pro includes a Trimble Connect Business plan)
See if that works.

Thanks for that Mike. Tried that but no luck. Trimble team have confirmed that it is an ‘entitlement issue’ & are working to rectify. Many thanks to you all everyone else input with this.