Trimble Outage? Can't Log Into SketchUp Due to Server Error

The note you replied to says to use the Go menu in Finder, and in that menu choose the Go to Folder… option. If you are still using SketchUp 2019, this is the text to paste into the go to folder dialog:

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2019/

Since I installed SketchUp Pro 2022, about a month ago, the software would stop opening new projects from time to time. Sometimes during the working day, sometimes just at the beginning. I have a single-user subscription, I have a desktop and a laptop PC and I use SketchUp on both, although during the week I only use my desktop. But even when I only use the software on one computer, during the day, it just locks me out (the same message about the server, which was listed appears) I then have to go to my account and deauthorize all devices, but Today even this doesnt help. I spent about 30 minutes trying to open a project and this already happened twice Today. It's very very distressing as I sometimes have to work at speed. This shouldnt happen as I only used the software on 1 computer Today and I already deauthorized all devices 3 times in the past 2 hours and restarted my computer 2x to be able to get into a file I am working on…I already contacted Customer Service about this, but the only answer I’ve got is that I am only authorized to use the software on 2 computers, which is no help…I know this and I didn’t exceed the limit. In fact, I am only using it on 1 device most of the time…I wonder if my ID is compromised or if my subscription is somehow used by someone else…Or if the subscription system is not working well at TRIMBLE…I can not keep signing in and restarting as I did the last month. This is insane.

You bought SketchUp Pro 5 days ago, which suggests that you tried the trial a month ago. I cannot find which of your email addresses you used for the trial, but it isn’t the email that you have used for the Pro subscription.

In the account management page there is a menu in the upper left, where you can switch between accounts that you are part of. If you do need to go there to deauthorize devices, make sure it’s the WORKSHOP account that you’re looking at. That’s the one that the Pro subscription is under.

Many people have had problems in the last two weeks, and it’s possible you have had the same issue they had. If you have deauthorized all devices in the WORKSHOP account, I think you can stop trying that. But, next time you see the same problem go through the steps in this article:

https://support.sketchup.com/s/article/Log-in-errors

Hi Colin,

I appreciate your answer.

I wasn`t aware that I was using the trial version. I purchased the PRO version almost a month ago and I installed it.

I am now going over the steps suggested in the post because I don`t want this to happen all the time.

As I said. It happened while working - on the same computer, same software, during the day. I haven`t logged out, not sure why it keeps happening.

I use my WORKSHOP account now, I probably had another account before which I forgot and haven`t used for a while…Would it be possible to merge them, please?

Thank you for the suggestion.

Perhaps you could fix your profile. It’s sorely out of date and there was no SketchUp 2018 Make version. That information helps us help you.

You’re right, I misread the month. That explains why I didn’t see the trial version.

Hopefully that article will take care of any remaining problems.

done. thank you. I haven`t been able to change the email address…

Do you think it’s possible to merge accounts?

attached Windows batch scripts for deleting the “login_session.dat” file of the latest SketchUp versions 2019-2022 by simply running/executing the according script.

If you don’t trust you can peek in the content of the batch file (text format) with every plain text editor.

DELete SketchUp Pro Authorization Status File.bat.zip (1.4 KB)

@colin can answer that.

You can assign the subscription to any email address. I don’t think you can merge accounts. If you were completely sure that you don’t need a particular account, you could ask for that to be deleted.

I changed my email address and and updated my details , but now I can no longer long in to my account with the usename and passworrd I used Yesterday…I need to create another one…

Now, even when I log out , I am looged in with the same, new address…

Not sure what`s going on…

You have set your new email address to be the admin and user for your Pro subscription. You shouldn’t need to use any other email address.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.