Trimble Account Dashboard

Anyone out there have experience, using the Trimble Account Dashboard? Be good to chat if you have.

Reaching out again on this one…anyone using the dashboard. Any thoughts to share?

Yep! Quite a few people use it quite a bit! What questions do you have about it?

I would like to get in contact with other users of the dashboard

Login

Manage your Subscription to SketchUp. In the browser, go to myaccount.trimble.com and log in with the email address you used to purchase the subscription. Choose the account under which it says “Purchased via reseller…” or the company account

Members

On the left side, click on the 'Members' section. This is where you can add users and choose the role of each of them. It is likely that the email address with which you purchased the subscription is already listed, as this is the 'Account Owner' and cannot be deleted.

1. Member area
  2. Logged in with the account used to purchase the subscription
  3. ‘Add New User’ button to add new users
  4. Role of the user
  5. Product Access - which products this user has
  6. Last Active - when this user was last active
  7. Change the role or product access of the user

Adding a new user

1. Click on the button ‘Add New User’
  2. Fill in the email address, click ‘Next’
  3. If it is an existing Trimble ID, the names are already filled in, if not, fill them in. The user will then still need to activate their Trimble ID.
  4. Choose the role of the user.
  5. Then choose the access to the product for this user.

1. Select the role (User or Administrator) Account Owner cannot be changed yourself, please contact the reseller or SketchUp.com
  2. Tick the product.
  3. This shows how many are still available for this subscription, if you need more seats please contact your reseller or SketchUp.com

Changing users

You can also remove users again or change their role. You can also assign or take away access to a product again. Click on the three dots behind the user’s email address:

1. Click on the three dots to choose
  2. Change the role of the user.
  3. Change product access of the user
  4. Delete this user.

Deleting the Account Owner will not work, please contact your reseller. If you make a change, remember to save it at the bottom of the panel:

Access to SketchUp Pro

Make sure you’ve assigned a product in the Member area first! If you’ve given someone else access to the product, you’ll need to change that first so that the seat is freed up again. Then go to ‘My Products’ in the left part of the AMP:

1. Select ‘My Products’.
  2. Click on ‘View included Apps’, all apps that the subscription holds will be displayed.
  3. Click on “Download” to download SketchUp Pro.
  4. Click on ‘Access Learning Content’ to follow available tutorials.
  5. Click on ‘Manage Devices’ to log out all devices you are logged into.

:wink: @jody

2 Likes

Thanks Mike
I don’t get the column “Last Active” I get a column called “Satus”
Does anybody know why that is ?

There where some changes recently, was considered as a bug, but I don’t know the current status.
Why would you need that, btw?
You can monitor activities for individual projects in Trimble Connect.
Also check this thread:

Thanks Mike that’s useful info.
We don’t use Connect -
I thought I might be able to move around licenses if I knew who wasn’t using them much.
But I’ve recently learned that’s not allowed by Trimble, so I guess we’ll have to buy more.

It doesn’t seem like there is a way to change the user’s first and last name in an account that has already been created? Also, if I remove the user and try to create a new account using the same email, it auto-populates the user’s first and last name and won’t let me change it. How do we get around this?

Thanks!

The email address is used as the ‘unique identifier’ so trying to create another Trimble ID will not work.
Instead, let the user go to myprofile.trimble.com, sign in with that email address and correct information, there.

Thanks, I’d wondered if that would be the case.