Transparent graphics

Hi there, I wonder if you can help me. I’m trying to do an elevation for a kitchen and for some reason none of my items have filling, they all are outlines and transparent inside. I’m trying to place a tap on top of some tiles but because it’s so detailed and the tap doesn’t have any filling, it’s very messy. I’ve had a look at the forum and people keep referring to the K shortcut but it’s not the case.
This is super basic so asking this is a bit embarrassing but if anyone could help I’d be very grateful.

Best regards,
Oscar

Assignment 10 elevation Wall 2.skp (307.9 KB)

Your model has faces but you have what is known as Z-fighting because you have more than one face trying to share the same space. The graphics card can’t decide which is supposed to be in front of the other.

SketchUp is a 3D modeling application but you are treating it as a 2D drawing program. It isn’t designed to work the way you are using it. If you would make your cabinets and other parts three dimensional you wouldn’t have this problem.

You’re also using layers incorrectly. Layer 0 should always be the active layer. ALL edges and faces should be created and remain on Layer 0. Only components and groups should be assigned to other layers.
Screenshot%20-%204_19_2019%20%2C%206_16_18%20PM

HI Dave,

Thanks so much for your quick answer. It makes a lot of sense as I’m really very new with SketchUp so there are basics that I haven’t mastered. Also good to know about the layers.

Best regards,
Oscar