Tongva Park LIVE!

This week, @eric-s is going to be modeling the iconic James Corner Field Operations ‘Tongva Park’ located in Santa Monica. Putting on his teaching AND landscape architect hat, Eric will show you how to take on the challenge of modeling, grading, retaining wall, etc.

Come be wowed this Friday on YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, and X

6 Likes

Fredo Spline, Fredo Tools CurviShear, Fredo JPP, Soap Skin and Bubble, Artisan, Follow Me… excellent topic you have chosen, Eric! :+1: To watch!

2 Likes

Organic architecture is fun to model and a good challenge, you should try to do it more often, there are tons of buildings with this style, my favorite one is the Heydar Aliyev Center, probably it won’t be finished in one session but could be a great series of sessions that could become tutorials as well. I have model some organic buildings myself, and my preferred method is doing low poly versions using quads and then subdivide the geometry to get the organic shape.

1 Like

That’s a lot of great extensions…I better get practicing.

2 Likes

Hi Eric,
were you planning on using extensions? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes but I am still need to get up to speed with CurviShear. I’ve seen you do some amazing things with it.

2 Likes

Yes, just like the other plugins created by Fredo, this one also makes your work much easier. Looking at the images, I’m thinking which of Fredo Spline and CurviShear I would use.
Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks all for joining the stream today. Not without its struggles but whenever grading is involved…its going to be a rough time :wink:

3 Likes

Eric, Ty, thank you, you did a great job and once again created a useful Live.
Grading is nice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You make grading look easy.

1 Like

SketchUp was inspired, choosing the three of you, @TheOnlyAaron, @eric-s and @TysonK, supported by @jody, @matt_robison, @Donovan, …, to do the Lives. All of you do excellently under the pressure of time and the desire to provide SketchUp users with as much information as possible.
Thank you all!

4 Likes