I would like to upgrade my old lenovo y700 laptop (i7 6gen, 16gb RAM, SSD HD, GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5) that was my trusted companion for many years.
I’ve been reading few articles and post on this forum but i failed to get right answers. Since my company (interior design) is extending and I am working with more complex models each day my old laptop is not enough in terms of performance. Thats why in 2022 I decided that its a good time to upgrade my setup so I would like to ask this forum for some recommendations.
“What is the best workstation to buy in early 2022”
- It does not matter Mac or Windows for me in terms of os
- 99% of my work are interior designs - houses, flats, businesses
- I use vray from time to time so it need to render some 3d visualizations
- I would like to work with some 4k display (2 would be ideal)
- I like to visit client on site and make some changes on the spot
I consider following scenarios:
- new macbook with M1Pro 16 inch + rendering in vray cloud - but i am not sure is it worth it… for sure they will keep improving and since the ipad app is around the corner i think the m1 support will be there eventually. But I don’t know how vray will work.
- Desktop PC - power house with monitors and tablet for meetings
- Powerful Windows Laptop - trying to kill two birds with one stone
If there is any good soul on this forum that is struggling or was struggling with similar issues and can recommend: Desktop setup or laptop with Windows or can share some insights about working with new macs
MJ (sorry for my english)