I truly enjoy designing in sketchup, but man am I having problems with “Surface Borders” and “Internal Face Edges”.
@DaveR helped significantly with my last design, but I am still having issues understanding what kind of sorcery he worked!
The attached is an emblem I’ve created for a friend, in no way am i asking anyone to fix this for me, in fact I’d much rather learn what I’m doing wrong and understand how to fix it.
My method for creation has been:
- establish base, pull to desired height
- add concentric rings on surface
- add “rope” on surface
- draw bull and “MAVERICK” off the face
- paste bull and “MAVERICK” on face
- “explode” all, delete internal lines (those that horns and smoke cut off
- adjust final heights via push/pull
Maverick v3.skp (2.3 MB)