Stupid Question - Customizing Toolbars

Stupid because I know I used to be able to do it and did it for 2018. Anyway if someone could point me in the right direction to remove seldom used buttons from the toolbars, I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about creating custom toolbars for the native tools? Go to View>Toolbars. Click New to make a new toolbar. Then bring out the native toolbars you want to pull tools from. Hold Ctrl while dragging toolbars to your custom toolbar and when you’ve got the ones you want, close the native toolbar.

If you want to use the native toolbars and just eliminate some unused tools, you can drag them off the bar while View>Toolbars is open.

I made custom toolbars to replace and augment the Large Toolset but I left out tools I never use.

Probably need a Bassett hound at your feet while you do this, though.

1 Like

If you want custom toolbars for non native tools, you can take a look at the Toolbar Editor extension, although it isn’t shown as compatible with SU2019 it indicates compatibility from SU8 all the way up to SU2018.

2 Likes

Thanks Dave! I think that’s how I did it last time and I knew it was something simple. And I will definitely have at least one Basset Hound next to me while I do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Julian, that’s a new extension for me. I’ll check it out if Dave’s way doesn’t work.