Students cheating by sharing drawings

Hold on

Can you even share and let other people edit?

@evanlambert1119 are you a teacher or a student?

Maybe we shouldn’t answer that question. :smiley:

1 Like

I like modeling for SketchUp though, i think it’s pretty fun!

It is possible to share SketchUp models with others. But if you’re using SketchUp for school, don’t cheat.

I am having problems signing in with google on SketchUp for Schools

Start a new thread.

how…?

Click the New Topic button in the uppr right corner of the main forum page. Make sure to select the SketchUp for Schools category.

Do you see it?

I am a teacher and here is how I would crack that nut. Loom is a screen capture program that is free for educational use. It will run on a Chromebook just fine as all the heavy lifting is done on their servers. Require the students to record their SU sessions on Loom. When they hand in the file, they also send you the link to the recording in case you want to check. You are not going to watch 30 projects being completed, but you already know the students you might be checking. :smiley:

Eric

3 Likes

Excellent idea. This could be used constructively if students are having difficulty with their modeling.

Loom is blocked, but I can use Explain and Send Screenshots, which can record as well

You will find the recordings helpful in a variety of ways. It is also an excellent way for students to ask/answer questions. Have students post their questions to a forum on your LMS and let anyone answer it. That quiet kid that keeps to themself will come alive.