Solar Panel Layout Design in SketchUp 2017

I do solar panel layout design work for a solar company, and have been happily using SketchUp 2016. Map imagery is critical for me, and with the ability to access Google Earth soon going away, and I am considering purchasing SketchUP 2017 Pro so as to obtain map imagery similar to Google Earth. My questions are 1) is the map imagery available in SketchUp 2017 Pro comparable in quality to Google Earth, and 2) if it is, what is the easiest way to learn using SketchUp 2017 Pro for solar panel layout design?

There are changes coming to the Location imagery which you should know about. there’s some information for which I’ll find a link. Effective at the end of this month the Get Location stuff will cease to work in SU2016 and earlier.

.[quote=“jwdeets, post:1, topic:44051”]
I do solar panel layout design work for a solar company, and have been happily using SketchUp 2016.
[/quote]

As for using SU2017, you’ll find it very much the same as SU2016. It is worth noting however that since you’ve been using SketchUp 2016 Make for your job, you’ve been violating the EULA which you agreed to when you installed SU2016 Make. You need to be using SketchUp Pro

Edit to add: Here’s the link.

https://help.sketchup.com/en/geodatachange

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.