Slicer5, object is not manifold solid

Solid group - reception-solid.skp (6.4 MB)

1 Like

And here is why.
Solid recept

1 Like

how do we find out these small mistakes? is there some plugin or its just that you guys are pro! :sweat_smile:
Thanks a lot though!

A lot of it is experience, but Solid Inspector will help find most.

2 Likes

Hi, newbie help, solid inspector says its ok but im getting its not a solid manifold or nested ?? Please help
bench.dae (406.3 KB)
Thanks for any help/advice in advance :wink:

Please share the.skp file if you want us to help you with it.

J&J bench 1st draft.skp (1.2 MB)

just uploaded now

Three issues:

At the point just above the cursor in the first screenshot, there are two overlapping faces. Delete one of them and make sure the white front face is out.
Screenshot - 12_5_2022 , 7_05_53 AM

The right end face is reversed. Correct it so the white front face is out.

And the object has an unneccesary level of nesting. There’s a group inside a group. Explode the top level group and fix the above issues and you should be good to go.

I do note there’s some rough bits of the surface. Sharp corners that don’t seem to go with the deign. Make you want them that way, though.

Thanks
I’ll take a look in the morning.

Same problem here i cant seem to slice my terrain and i cant even find any bugs in it.
wall design.skp (8.7 MB)

This thing isn’t a solid. It’s just a bunch of zero-thickness faces connected together.

You need to give it thickness. There are ways to do that but the easiest way depends on the version of SketchUp you are using. Your profile says you are using SketchUp Free (web). If that’s the case you would have to manually add the thickness.

wall design.skp (9.9 MB)
im using 2022. and i tried giving it thickness with joint push n pull by fredos but idk why its still not working

And it further says that the selection must be one group or component-instance. Although I tried making it a group it didn’t work then I made it a component but still the same dialog box appears.

Please correct your profile and change it to show that you are using SketchUp Pro.

Because it’s not solid.

It’s double wrapped. Remove the top level nesting.

Instead of using Joint Push/Pull, either edit the group and draw vertical lines down from the corners to create a flat bottom and side. Reverse the faces so you don’t have exposed back faces.

Or use Move/Copy to copy the surface straight up. Then connect the corners of the two surfaces with the Line tool.

2 Likes

Prj 1.skp (2.4 MB)
Can anyone here help me? I was trying to use the Slicer but it says “object manifold is not solid.” I was tryna follow step-by-step from this: Modeling Sliced Terrain from Location Data in SketchUp with Joint Push Pull and Slicer - YouTube but I’m stuck at the Slicer. Thanks a lot.

You have a nested group containing a solid group and a bunch of loose geometry.

Unlock the top level group and explode it. Then you can slice the group there.

hello, can i asking for help? my has an unneccesary level of nesting. but i can’t fix that X-(

i’m try to my object to Slicer5, i can’t make object to solid.

Is my hero here? Answer me plz~ X-)

Right click on it and choose Explode. That will remove the unneeded nesting level.

Click Explode to freeze the program.

I think it’s because there’s a lot of overlap.