Sketchy Shadow Experiment

I was just doodling today with creating sketchy shadows. This is the first attempt.

Great result! :+1:

Hi, Dave-

Is it a tool or an attribute? Texture placement or?

You helped me with placing a sink on an island top.

So looked it up and it is in Styles so will have to try it.

I like sketching!

Best!

None of the above. In that example, it’s done in post-processing.

Is the real sink in the island, yet?

The edges are a sketchy style. In my example, they are a sketchy style I created using Style Builder.

Hi Dave,

When you positioned the seat slats did you do it manually or use an extension such as Pathcopy?

Just interested how you would approach that.

Nice shadows btw

Ian, I did use PathCopy to place the seat slats. The backrest slats were done differently.

Thanks on the shadows.

Thanks for the info

I have done similar manually many times frustratingly but there’s always an easier way you just have to know about it. I have pathcopy but not put it to much use as of date.

Good to know though.

I really like this technique, @DaveR. I’d bet that many users would benefit from a tutorial explaining how the result is achieved. Any chance of you providing a video or verbal instruction on this?

Hey, Dave-

The real sink is specified and the drawings are out for bids. But, I have not finished modeling the Kitchen (:-/

Nice scratches Dave. Still think it’s a groundhog :slight_smile:

No doubt that’s a pareie dog. No wait, wood chuck, no Ground squirrel. Dang.

http://www.humanepestcontrol.com/woodchucks.html

It doesn’t appear that it would be too hard for Trimble to allow a texture to overlay or replace the shadows in a model. Although your technique varies the hatch nicely.