Sketchup fails to open a file:
OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Processor: Intel ® Xeon® CPU E5-2640 v3 @ 2.60GHz 2.20 GHz (2 processors)
I am having trouble opening a particular file in Sketchup. I’ve read various other threads on this topic and have already tried:
- Updating the graphics card driver.
- Ensuring windows is up to date.
- Turning off all tool trays and tool bars, with exception to the basic tools, shadows and view.
- Repaired Sketchup Make 2017 installation.
5.Purged unused (Model info>Statistics>purge unused (entire model).
- Turned off ‘use fast feedback’ in Preferences> Open GL.
The problematic file in question previously opened fine. The file is 165MB in size. Since having problems, even after 45mins of trying, it fails to open. I emailed the file to friend, who had no problems opening the file. I asked him to remove some of the non-essential linework and email it back. Having done this, the file opened, now only 65MB in size. However, having done nothing to the file other than save it, it will now no longer open again on my PC. It seems as though saving the file causes some kind of corruption.