Sketchup viewer alternatives

One year on from the demise of SU Viewer, does anyone know of a similar alternative? It was great for clients, and I am still getting asked how to view my work without having to have own Sketchup.

Thanks for your response, bmike. I use SU 2018 (through choice!) but have 2020. I’ve had a quick look at this but will need to spend some time getting my head around it. It’s important that the information is private.

I don’t think that is available in 2018. Your option is to probably to send them a file and have them open it in the web viewer, but I don’t share many models, and when I do it is with trusted partners so I just email the file over.

If your talking about the viewer that is available for windows Iphone or android. You can use the free online version for your clients. The file can be sent as a read only. They can navigate with scenes but cannot turn on or off tags. and the model is protected (I think).

Thanks, Ivan. I’ve seen that, but haven’t had a chance to test-run it yet. It seems that there are alternatives which I just have to get my head around. Viewer was straightforward, to me anyway…!

The issue I had with the viewer was each format (windows, Iphone or Android) were all different. Certain features werent available in certain versions. That was difficult when reviewing a project remotely. I like that you can send a read only version to a client with the online version but it should have the ability to change tags. I cant remember what other features are limited in the online version of a read only but it is an easier format for a non user client to understand. It also work with Trinbel connect.

Hi everyone,

You’re highlighting two of the biggest limitations of standard viewer apps: cross-platform inconsistencies (iOS vs. Android vs. Desktop) and the lack of proper tag/layer control for client reviews.

I developed an extension called Smart Web Export (available on the Extension Warehouse) to solve these exact bottlenecks.

Here is how it handles these issues:
— Cross-Platform Consistency: Opens directly in any modern web browser (Safari, Chrome, Edge) on iOS, Android, PC, or Mac. It provides the exact same UI and tools across all devices with zero app installation or accounts required for clients.
— Selective Tag Control: Choose up to 6 togglable tags for design variants or options, while keeping all internal working tags completely hidden from the client.
— Privacy-First Processing: Conversion runs 100% locally in your browser via WebAssembly. Your source files (SKP, IFC, STEP) are never uploaded to a server — only the lightweight visual mesh is published.
— Presentation Tools & AR: Built-in distance measurement (in project units), locked camera framing, and customizable AR scale (1:1 scale for job sites or tabletop scale for office reviews).
— Free Access:

  • No credit card required to start
  • The free account lets you host up to 3 active models at a time for 7 days with all features unlocked
  • Subscriptions (from €9/mo) expand your storage up to 500 models, add permanent links, custom branding, and view analytics

Here is a live example of the client-facing view:

Hope this offers a practical alternative if you’re looking for a unified, browser-based sharing workflow.

@JulienC, please don’t double post. It’s against SketchUp’s forum rules.

My apologies.
I thought the threads were addressing distinct issues, but noted for next time.
Thanks for the heads-up.

I don’t see the problem with posting the same post in 2 different posts. Both posts are about alternative viewers. If @JulienC was just to post in 1, how would the other in the other post know about a possible solution?

Indeed. I would not have picked up this possible solution if it had not been in this post. Thank you Julien C, I will take a look.