SketchUp Pro trial commercial use?

Hello

I am wondering if I would have to purchase a pro license in this situation. I designed a product on the sketchup pro trial and I decided that it would be a decent product for actual selling. I am going to use a screen shot of what I designed in sketchup pro trial to give the person who I get to make a better (more detailed, more accurate, etc) version of what I made. Since commercial use would be leading up to making money which since this would be a concept guide for when the person does it in auto cad would I need to buy a licence, would the pro trial cover it, or since it’s just a concept guide and is not actually designed in sketchup would it not count as using sketchup for commercial use?

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Thank you

a trial is a trial is a trial…

Trimble SketchUp Pro License, binding.

The trial aspect is presented in the Software End User License Agreement

Here: http://www.sketchup.com/license/c/sketchup

Wait a minute, I ain’t no litigator and I don’t have time to go through the entire document but from what I’ve read in the End User Lisence Agreement it says;

A) the EULA applies to the entire, or a part of the software mentioned in the EULA (which are SUMake and SUPro)

And

B) Sketchup Pro is greenlighted for commercial use.

Which logically suggests SUPro Trial can be used commercially which makes no sense.

The trial section says nothing about commercial or non commercial use for SUPro specifically.

Can someone iron things out for non native English speakers such as moi please?

The way I read it, the only limitation on the trial version is the time period for which it can be used. You would need to get a lawyer to interpret the EULA for you, though. None of the Trimble staff can or will make interpretations of the EULA for you.

In my opinion one would have to be very shortsighted to use trial software for commercial purposes if they have no intention of purchasing the license anyway.

2 Likes

That was my reading too.

And the only way I see one making use of the trial period commercially would be that one produces a model or two during the 31 days and use those models to demonstrate their craft to sort of advertise themselves as a qualified artist - if they already know how to use the software that is. They can then buy a full licence if they can draw some clients with their demonstrated skills.

Apart from that, like @DaveR said I don’t see any viable use.