Sketchup model window doesn't paste in Layout

In Layout, my Sketchup model window will not paste. I am working with a large Sketchup model 432MB - I have copied items like furniture into a separate Sketchup file and placed them in the same Layout document, they copy/paste perfectly. I can duplicate pages but I need to create elevations on the same page. Please help.

So it’s the giant file whose viewport you can’t copy from one page to another? I expect you just need to wait. A 432 Mb file will take some time to copy and paste.

1 Like

Hi, Nope I Copy my machine works for about 10secs and then I try paste - on the same page or a different page. Nothing - I even tried cut, made it disappear but when I tried to paste nothing. :frowning:

How long did you wait for the Paste operation to complete?

I bet you could purge a bunch of unused stuff and reduce the size of the SketchUp file.

How do I do that?

In SketchUp, Window>Model Info>Statistics. Click on Purge Unused.

Grand - I am trying that now - thanks for your assistance.
In Skethc-up after I copy it lags fora bout 5scs.

So you are trying to copy from SketchUp to LayOut? Wrong procedure.

No, Sketch-up window in Layout - I purge it, The file is half the size - brilliant - great tip thanks - Now it copies and pastes - it must have been that the file was too big.
Thanks

And you didn’t wait long enough. :slight_smile:

Glad you got it sorted. Don’t let your models get morbidly obese like it sounds this file was.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.