Sketchup Make 2017 Mac OS Big Sur Dimension tool text up side down?

On a Mac Mini with M1 :frowning:

Same problem after upgrading to Big Sur (MacBook Air 2017 & sketchup make 2017). So far I have found one way out - a model in desktop version Sketchup Make 2017 and dimension in online via Trimble

just noticed something…
dimensions are shown correctly on my laptop screen (m1 macbook air running Big Sur 11.1 Beta (20C5061b), but when i plug in my thunderbolt mac monitor the dimensiones get flipped on the monitor.

I then tried viewing on the monitor with my macbook open and it worked (the dimensions were shown correctly). So then i closed my monitor and continued to work on the same file. I dimensioned something again but the new dimension is flipped. So now on the same file there is one dimension shown correctly and one that is flipped. Pretty strange.

Screenshot attached

1 Like

Same here - text is upside down and back to front on external monitor, but displays okay if I drag the app into the MacBook built in screen, then drag it back again.

[SketchupMake - MacBook Pro 2017 Big Sur]

I have the same problem after I upgrade to Big Sur but when I connect iPad using sidecar, it fixed the dimension. The problem came back when I disconnected sidecar but the dimensioning done during iPad connected displayed correctly and stay that way.

Hello.
I have the same problem with dimensions and text. Sorry for stupid question, how you are doing dimensions in Trimble online :exploding_head:

Hello! Go to https://app.sketchup.com/app and find the Open button in the main menu. Download the desktop project file and work with it online. Once you can download the file to Mac (choose the correct sketchup version)

What is M1?

The Apple chips inside iPhone and iPad are called A1, A2, and so on (they are up to around A14 now). M1 is the first of the Apple Silicon “system on a chip” processors, as used in the new Macs that came out recently.

Colin; This what I have in my Mac, if it helps. My OS is Big Sur. I too am getting the upside down text in the Dimensions Tool. How can I fix it? Also, I am using SU2017DT.

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir7,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 4 GB
System Firmware Version: 425.0.0.0.0

I have two Macs that have Big Sur on them. On one the text looks ok in SketchUp 2017 dimensions. On the other one the text is upside down. I can’t tell what is different between the two systems.

Hopefully it is something in Big Sur that may get improved at some point. If it’s something in SketchUp 2017, that won’t ever be fixed, but I’ll keep looking for a work around.