SketchUp Crashes When Changing Materials with Paint Bucket Tool

I’ve recently encountered an issue with SketchUp 2023 that has been quite troubling. Whenever I attempt to use the Paint Bucket tool to change the material of any surface within my projects, SketchUp unexpectedly crashes without any warning or error message. I’ve gone through a series of troubleshooting steps, but the problem persists.

Issue Description:

• SketchUp suddenly crashes when using the Paint Bucket tool to change materials.

Troubleshooting Steps I’ve Taken:

1. Made sure my SketchUp is updated to the latest version.
  2. Ran SketchUp as an administrator.
  3. Uninstalled and then reinstalled SketchUp.
  4. Disabled all third-party plugins.

update to mac os 14.4

it was a bug cause by 14.3 a couple month ago, it’s been solved by 14.4 last month.
(if you search 14.4 on the forum, you’ll find a couple dozen other similar cases.)

Before taking drastic steps, come to the forum and search the Technical Problems > SketchUp category to find out if others have already reported the issue and if there is a known solution.

For future clarity if people look at this post: those troubleshooting steps are for Windows. Even invoking sudo open /Applications/SketchUp\ 2024/SketchUp.app will still open it as your logged in user, not root, and Mac has a drag-installer from a dmg, not an installer program.

b