Sketchup can’t do CHROME?

I’ve been trying to keep up with people’s opinions on this forum, and many say NO, don’t make Sketchup into bloatware, [ like, ahem, Mr William Henry Gates the 3rd has done with Windows] I tend to see their point, and tend to agree. But what about adding a companion app, like Layout and Style Builder seem to be? They don’t take my resources because I don’t open them. Only those users who need that specific function at that time would be opening those apps. They could call the next companion app Sketchup Render. Can always wish…

1 Like

A new option to consider is the Evee renderer in Blender. It’s free and you can get sketchup models in there. There’s a bit of additional work with light probes, and reflection probes but it is almost real time in its rendering capability.
I wouldn’t hold your breath for a native Sketchup renderer. There’s a lot more basic functionality that I think they need to work on in the modeling department before considering rendering and for which there already exists many 3rd party options to satisfy cost and capability.

2 Likes

or Enscape, or LightUp, or Twinmotion, or Lumion…

PS, Lightup works inside Sketchup… its an extension…used it a lot before it became a yearly subscription . (LU user forum very quiet… last update May 2016)

I use Twinmotion 2016… very fast and good workflow with SU but since their latest updates I would go Enscape for speed, quality, price and client accessibility / convenience

SU works on the KISS principle and that is why I love it!

Well, yes that takes some high end processing, but that is a video not a walk through. The computer renders a video as a long sequence of still images maybe 24 or 30 per second of film. The rendering engine can take days to make these sequences that then play back quickly. This is different from rendering something in real-time when the computer has to keep up with the movement of your mouse