Sketchup Campus ... using Sketchup Web

SketchUp looks like a very useful a dn easy to use system. I’m enjoying learning about it.

I’m not sure if this is the correct place for my post but… I am using Sketchup Free [Web] and going through the SketchUp training in the SketchUp Campus. Here are a couple of things I noticed

1. My Free screen does not match the screen displayed in the tutorial.
  2. There are downloadable ‘Resource’ files associated with the training. I don’t see any way of opening them from SketchUp Free [Web].

Am I missing something obvious or is this a limitation of Sketchup Free [Web]?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

regards,

Chris

This video will give you an idea of how the web version and desktop version are laid out:

One nice thing in the web version is that there is a magnifying glass you can click on to search for things. If the campus video mentions something in the desktop, and you can see in the video where it is, you could search the web version to find that feature.

You can upload the file that is being looked at in the campus video, to your Free account, and then open the file in order to follow along.

1 Like

Colin

Thank you for your help. I have thus far found everything I have looked for and, in fact, discovered the magnifying glass.

It had not dawned on me that I might be able to import the downloaded files and be able to use them in the Web version!

Thanks also for the video and for the quick and helpful response!

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.