SketchUp and macOS Mojave (10.14)

macos
mojave

Hi Colin, with .pdf export or print we perform a Hidden Line Render to the SketchUp Model. As such, this is a true vector rendering of the SketchUp model therefore antialiasing does not come into play in this case.

Trent

I found a good solution! Vector Printing.

Mojave is officially released now. What’s the latest on official support for Sketchup Pro?

I support you @martin on that!

What about SU vs Mojave? Is it worth moving to it or SU will be only app not supporting new macOS :wink: ?..

I just upgraded. From what I can see early on everything seems to work fine.

• SketchUp Help Center: SketchUp Hardware and Software Requirements

Hey, that’s nice. So nothing what @mchandler mentioned is valid? I also wonder how about combination of Mojave, SU and V-Ray but this is not a topic for this forum ;).

Well I haven’t tried that stuff about printing yet.
Vray seems to be the only thing that doesn’t really work for me. I think it has something to do with that licensing service thing held things up at High Sierras release too.

Hi all,

SketchUp 2018 has a known issue that leads to a one-time crash of SketchUp 2018 on MacOS Mojave in the first 10-15 minutes (or so). All other issues that have been previously reported on this forum have been resolved by the official Mojave release.

Travis Austin
Engineering Manager, SketchUp

Hi,

Thanks for clarification @travis1! By one-time you mean “one-time ever” or “one time every time you start SU” :slight_smile: ?

Cheers,
Greg

I’d be interested to know which was meant too.

It’s one-time only, not, “one time every time you start SU.”

seems that Adobe InDesign CC is affected by something similar related to plugins.

What about 3D-Connexion tools like the 3D mouse and 3D navigator?
Anyone did test it with SU?

Word is that 3DConnection does not yet have a driver that is compatible with Mojave. They say it will be ready “soon”…

Layout crashes when trying to input text on a Mac recently updated to Mojave. I open the program, write some text, deselect the text box, and when I attempt to re-enter the text box or place a new one, the program crashes.

• The problem machine is running Version 16.0.19913, on AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB.

• This issue is not present on another machine, running Version 16.1.2418, on AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2048 MB.

When I check for updates, a dialog box appears with the message “LayOut was unable to obtain the latest version information.” Please help.

Download and install the last maintenance 16.2 here:
https://www.sketchup.com/sketchup/2016/en/SketchUpPro-2016-1-2418-80500-en-dmg

Mike beat me to it. :wink:

https://www.sketchup.com/download/all

Hi hope Su18 is running perfectly now. How is layout?

Please confirm SketchUp 2018 (Version 18.0.16976) is compatible with macOS Mojave. I was unable to find anything specific, nor Systems Requirements, on SU site.

SU has always been good with macOS update compatability but I need assurance my work will not be interrupted. Reinstalling a previous version of an app is one thing, but OS. Not what I want to deal with right now. I usually have to wait 2-3 months for ACAD but they actually came through.